PDA

View Full Version : Dogface puffer acting strange ??

jarrid
10-03-2010, 12:43 AM
My new dogface puffed is acting what I would call strange. I have seen him numerous times during the day sitting wedged in the live rock and he is darker than usual, like he's sleeping. When I put food in he usually comes out right away and eats then when he's full he goes back into the live rock. He is the largest fish in the tank and has three triggers and a small snowflake eel as tankmates along w a frog fish. I have never seen any of the fish even try to harass him and don't know what to think. Is he just sleeping ? Are dogface puffers normally lazy ????

jay2x
10-03-2010, 12:50 AM
My new dogface puffed is acting what I would call strange. I have seen him numerous times during the day sitting wedged in the live rock and he is darker than usual, like he's sleeping. When I put food in he usually comes out right away and eats then when he's full he goes back into the live rock. He is the largest fish in the tank and has three triggers and a small snowflake eel as tankmates along w a frog fish. I have never seen any of the fish even try to harass him and don't know what to think. Is he just sleeping ? Are dogface puffers normally lazy ????

you know i have the same situation currently, I have a star and stripe, when a person passes by he comes right out, but after while mine starts turning white and lays on a sand or the liverock. all of my parameters are fine and the rest of my fish are pretty happy. I also have a pearl puffer and it's not showing any signs of what my star and stripe have. :neutral: