PDA

View Full Version : MRC 3 with Mag 18....

Rbacchiega
10-02-2010, 12:54 AM
so, have a line on one for 200 dollars worth of tattooing (about 2 hours)....reviews?!

dear god I hope I can fit it under the sump...if not, I'm going to have to build a fake wall thing and plumb this beast externally...I can't let this deal pass....

Skimmerking
10-02-2010, 02:32 AM
MRC-3 Skimmer is a great skimmer kido you will love it run it external if you can it will skim your tank like a hooker on a friday night....

Rbacchiega
10-02-2010, 02:37 AM
ha ha knew you'd have some input. I have to measure under the stand tomorrow, I think I can make it work....the sump is quickly becoming just a tank full of pumps ha ha ha

Skimmerking
10-02-2010, 03:15 AM
ya becketts are wicked skimmers the air to water ratio is crazy the key to becketts are Power pumps..

Rbacchiega
10-02-2010, 03:18 AM
comes with a Mag 18....should work?

Delphinus
10-02-2010, 05:24 AM
I run my 110g with a PM-1 and a Mag18. Skimmer has been in continuous operation on that pump since about 2002. :lol: Works awesome. I pull 2l of guiness stout coloured skimmate per week with that setup.

MRC is one of the best fabricators out there for skimmers. Won't go wrong with this.

That said, the MRC-3 is a pretty big skimmer though, MRC rates them up to 500g. At 32" high, I have my doubts you'll fit it inside the stand and also I kind of wonder if the Mag18 will be enough but then it's a much smaller tank than 500g.

Specs here: http://www.myreefcreations.com/MR-3-Protein-Skimmer

Unless I am looking at the wrong skimmer! In which case disregard anything I just said. In any case though, nice SCORE!!! on the reef shtuff vs ink skillz trade haha.

Rbacchiega
10-02-2010, 02:59 PM
that's the right one Tony....we're going to measure under the stand tonight...the cup does come with a nozzle, so if need be I can have a drain to an easier to access jug for gunk removal for regular skimmate removal and then ..... ha ha Ernie wants to cut a hole in the bottom of the stand.

Lance
10-02-2010, 03:33 PM
I have the MR-3 with dual Beckett's driven by an Iwaki MD-70RLT. The skimmer works great on the 225g, (pulls skimmate like crazy), however I have to warn you that the skimmer is quite noisy. If noise is not an issue I highly recommend it.

Rbacchiega
10-02-2010, 07:16 PM
its not going to fit under the tank unless it's heavily moded...and we can't build a wall because of state code (gaaaaaay) so unless there's some miracle about to happen this is going to be a no go

lockrookie
10-02-2010, 10:46 PM
then dont build a wall build a box that is removable ue 2x2 constuct frame/1/2 plywood walls and paint with lid on top to remove sludge cup and put a plant ontop of it for decoration beside the tank. put foam insulation on the walls to reduce noise. it is just a plant pedestal with skimmer in thebox