PDA

View Full Version : Current usa 250W lighting issues

DEAD_BY_DAWN
10-01-2010, 03:50 PM
If there is anyone who can help me out with this one.
Having two friends with a current usa outer orbit fixture and have recently replaced there
there bulbs the new ones are quite dim a dull glow is the best way to describe it.
The bulbs are from two manufactures ones a hamilton 14k the other i'm not to sure,
Is there a issues with the ballasts from current usa ?.
The bulbs have been running for three months now so are well past the break in period,it seems like there not getting enough juice .
thanks
john

globaldesigns
10-01-2010, 04:14 PM
I don't know much about Current USA fixtures, but can tell you that I found Hamilton bulbs not that great.

I have a Hamilton Belize Fixture and it came with bulbs, the fixture is incredible, but the bulbs were not... Dim and yellow, I had the 10K's, very yellow compared to others.

So I changed them out for Ushio's, and they are so much better.

It is most likely not the ballast but the bulb's themselves.

cale262
10-01-2010, 04:32 PM
I have four Current fixtures on my FW tanks...None have had any Ballast problems but I have had quite a few issues with the Current T5HO's, they never last more than a month...I replaced them all with AquaticLife (10k & 6700K) bulbs and no problems since.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
10-01-2010, 09:02 PM
I'll have 3 used 250w DE bulbs for you to test out on the unit. If my bulbs are bright, then its the Hamiltons. If the lights are still really dim, then its the ballast. Either way, you should know what is the problem.

Anthony