PDA

View Full Version : Pods

jorjef
10-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Any fenders on here carry DT's Live marine copepods... or any other type of live food for Mandarins?

daniella3d
10-02-2010, 11:04 PM
If you have a mandarin and you want to feed it, you can try fish roe, those orange eggs found on sushi. I use the Clearwater Masago, caplan eggs caviar for my mandarins and Hikari frozen bloodworms and they both love it.

The fish roe is the best way to go at the beginning because they eat fish eggs in the wild and they are used to eat those on the liverock or on the sand.

If you don,t have pods already in large enough number or a refugium, you must train your mandarin to eat frozen (not brine shrimp) or that fish is going to starve.

If you are out of pods, you will need to buy live pods about 2 to 3 times per month if you don't have a good place for them to multiply. Best way is to train the mandarin.

Any fenders on here carry DT's Live marine copepods... or any other type of live food for Mandarins?

reefwars
10-02-2010, 11:09 PM
If you have a mandarin and you want to feed it, you can try fish roe, those orange eggs found on sushi. I use the Clearwater Masago, caplan eggs caviar for my mandarins and Hikari frozen bloodworms and they both love it.

The fish roe is the best way to go at the beginning because they eat fish eggs in the wild and they are used to eat those on the liverock or on the sand.

If you don,t have pods already in large enough number or a refugium, you must train your mandarin to eat frozen (not brine shrimp) or that fish is going to starve.

If you are out of pods, you will need to buy live pods about 2 to 3 times per month if you don't have a good place for them to multiply. Best way is to train the mandarin.

+1 ,if you have a small quarantine tank you can use that to train your mandarin to eat frozen brine or mysis make sure its the only food in the tank and make sure hes eating if not youll have to add pods,when your sure hes eating frozen acclimate back to your display:) id still have a fuge set up and a mandarin can clean out a tank pretty quick if you dont have a safe place for pods to multiply :):)

jorjef
10-03-2010, 01:15 AM
There is limited pods in the tank but she would most likely clean it out pretty quick.. I have some Tigger pods coming so hopefully enough will find cover and multiply, I feed the corals Mysis twice a week hopefully it will pick up on them.