PDA

View Full Version : I hope it will work.....

yifan917
12-01-2003, 07:40 AM
It's pretty hard to get a nice shot for these guys....... :razz:
http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/503/795Cnv0004-med.jpg?361[img]

Son Of Skyline
12-01-2003, 07:54 AM
Nice red X :razz:

Do u have the pic linked to your harddrive? I'm not a computer guy but I saw the "c:/" in the link. If so I think you have to upload the pics to a website, maybe in the photo section of Canreef :smile:

yifan917
12-01-2003, 08:03 AM
Thanks Mason! looks like I figured it out~!

I am a total-compu-idiot.....haha :biggrin:

Son Of Skyline
12-01-2003, 07:11 PM
There we go.

Very nice! Are those true percs?

yifan917
12-01-2003, 11:47 PM
yes they are! :cool:

LostMind
12-02-2003, 12:21 AM
nice - I gotta hide this pic from my girlfriend or I will face wrath for not having an anemone yet :)

Son Of Skyline
12-02-2003, 03:57 AM
nice - I gotta hide this pic from my girlfriend or I will face wrath for not having an anemone yet :)

I need to show this pic to my clowns so they can figure out what that anemone is for!

Delphinus
12-02-2003, 04:36 AM
How long have you had the ritteri? (It looks like a ritteri)

yifan917
12-02-2003, 07:39 AM
I had it (heteractis magnifica/"magnificent sea anemone") for.............hmm.....a few months I guess.....I forgot, really.....sorry man! :neutral:

The moment I put this guy into my tank, the clowns couldn't wait to get in there! I think this is just the right anemone for true percs! :smile:
very easy to keep, too! Eats a lot of Bshirmp.

cheers!

Delphinus
12-02-2003, 02:15 PM
Yep, that's the correct species name alright. I have one too. "Ritteri" is another common name (the one I've heard more often). It has that name because it's old latin name (it was renamed I think in the 80's sometime) was Radianthus ritteri. Not too often does a common name resemble a latin name but back then this was one exception. But then they renamed the species (taxonomists are always changing something) but the common name stuck.

Next time you're at your favourite LFS you should see if they have any mysis (look for Piscine Energetics brand). Try feeding it some of that. You'll be amazed. Brine shrimp is unfortunately not very good nutritionally, it is something like 99% water. Ritteris have a very high metabolic rate compared to other species they require a LOT of sustenance for long-term survival. Sorry for the "free" advice it's just that you should be warned that this species has a poor track record of being kept long-term by aquarists. They require strong laminar current, intense lighting, and a lot of food; and this I think tends to be underestimated.

How big is it?

yifan917
12-03-2003, 10:38 AM
Wow, I see..... Yeah, I got this guy from King Eds, and they had it labled as "clownfish anemone".....oh well, so I looked through the books and found its name :smile:

Wow really 90% of water? I didn't know that.......... But I am actually having a trip in Asia now...I guess it will have to eat the shirmp meal for couple weeks before I go back...haha

Anyway, thank you very much for your advices! I really appreciate that! :biggrin:

yifan917
12-03-2003, 10:47 AM
Sorry I forgot to tell you, the size of it is about 2 softballs big. And btw, I think my lighting and water current requirments are good enough for it..... I THINK (2x250WHQI & Turbelle stream)