PDA

View Full Version : Long tentacle plate coral problem

apexifd
09-28-2010, 10:25 PM
I have a long tentacle plate coral that I got a few weeks back... and just about last week, I have notice some flesh damage. It was about 1/4" of skeleton showing, and it stay like that for few days, and today, I found it to loose another 1/4" of flesh.

so, is there anyway I can help the coral to heal itself?? target feed certain food to promote healing?? hospital tank(have a 4X24w T5 fixture and a 40g breed not in use @ the moment).

thanks

Bloodasp
09-28-2010, 11:16 PM
Mine receded when the water current going through it was quite strong.

reefwars
09-28-2010, 11:27 PM
Have never had luck with that coral mine receeded also haven't gotten another since , at the time I had nitrates in my tank so not sure if that was the cause or not:) sorry I'm not much help but goodluck though:)

TJSlayer
09-28-2010, 11:32 PM
You have a fish nibbling at it?

I just got rid of a great sadleback butterfly fish but unfortunatly he has eaten clove polyps, torch, frogspawn, lobo, candy canes, and now even pompom zena, and some zoos....

He also cleaned the display of almost every spec of aipstasia as well, but took expensive to keep with the live corals...

apexifd
09-28-2010, 11:37 PM
You have a fish nibbling at it?

I just got rid of a great sadleback butterfly fish but unfortunatly he has eaten clove polyps, torch, frogspawn, lobo, candy canes, and now even pompom zena, and some zoos....

He also cleaned the display of almost every spec of aipstasia as well, but took expensive to keep with the live corals...

I have just noticed that my 6 line and yellow tang steals food from the plate. I target feed the plate with frozen brine shrimp, blood warm, mysis etc..

even with the damage area, majority of polyp and tentacles are still fully inflated..

I fear that this coral is slowly dying without proper care.