PDA

View Full Version : 15 Gallon Nano

BCOrchidGuy
12-01-2003, 04:35 AM
Well, I got my 15 gallon nano set up, and I tried the 2x36watt PCs but I wasn't thrilled with them, so I exchanged that light unit for a 2x65 unit. I'm looking at it wondering if it's enough light still, I guess I'll keep to LPS and some softies, a derasa or two. I've got 16lbs of live rock and that Aragolive black sand, I think it absorbs alot of light so the tank looks darker than it actually is.
I think I'll be adding more rock in the future, livestock will be two Rainsford Gobies and perhaps a Cherub Angel with a couple of cleaner shrimp, and snails.

EmilyB
12-01-2003, 05:17 AM
I wouldn't recommend an angel in a 15g nano.

Not to mention, it won't be a good tankmate for rainfordi.

JMHO.

:mrgreen:

Lancer
12-01-2003, 06:04 AM
how much light does a derasa need? are there any clams that will do ok with 2x65W PC in a 20h?

BCOrchidGuy
12-01-2003, 06:32 AM
Emily the Angels only get to about 2 inches, I had one before in my 20 and it was a happy camper. Thing is I've never kept the rainfordi.

Lancer, derasas are considered a lower light clam, they still need lots of light but they will do fine with out metal halide, croceas and maximas need the most light, nothing short of metal halide, Derasa & Squamosa require less light and can do nicely under PC.