PDA

View Full Version : Go

gio
12-01-2003, 04:15 AM
i have a sea apple that was just currently spewing out a stream of stuff that resembled seeds. To my understanding they are poisonous and will emit the poison when they are endangered!! There is nothing out of the ordinary in the tank that would cause it to feel this way!!! But none the less I scraped it out of the tank and put it in a bucket!!! Can someone please tell me what I have to do now!! Also if this stuff is poisonous what do i do about my tank as this is my cousin's tank-i got his name and password from computer- and he is currently in ontario!! Any help would be greatly appreciated. We have a 155 gallon reef tank. Thanks for any help you can give me !!!
________
Act4sex (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/Act4sex/)

LostMind
12-01-2003, 04:45 AM
they do that. and in nature they will heal, in our tanks they most likely wont recover.

Do some water changes, run carbon, turn up the skimmer...

Namscam
12-06-2003, 09:12 AM
hmm dont know bout sea apples but i know that sea cucumber to that too...some think its for defense but there are evidence that they do that to get rid of the bacteria in there system.. i think they do this annually because they eat the detritus which have a lot of bacteria but n e wayz....this might be the same for the sea apples as well...not to sure tho

BCOrchidGuy
12-10-2003, 02:20 AM
My understanding is that your sea apple probably laid eggs. They are also known as deadly candy as their eggs are toxic to fish. I'm not sure what you should do, although it's probably a moot point. I'd like to know if everything worked out though.

Doug

LostMind
12-10-2003, 05:35 AM
If I recall, she lost most her fish (perhaps all) and then the lfs she got the apple from said she was lucky because it spawned in captivity and they have never heard of this happening before...

yah, ok. Lucky.

BCOrchidGuy
12-10-2003, 05:49 PM
That's not my idea of lucky but maybe the LFS would like to see it in their tanks. The store I go to keeps getting them in, the guy who runs the salt section says he is just waiting for the day one wipes out their system. He hates them, it's one of the owners who keeps ordering them in. I think they look cool, no doubt about it, but in my opinion, why risk it.