PDA

View Full Version : Vertex IN 100 Skimmer Help

Fellow
09-26-2010, 04:26 AM
How does one adjust the flow on this skimmer? The manual lists a pipe that isn't on the diagram. Can some one please give me a play by play on adjusting the skim.

Thanks a bunch.

Starry
09-26-2010, 04:34 AM
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/picture.php?albumid=415&pictureid=3566

Its called a riser tube. turn counter-clock wise to lower water level in skimmer neck.

(thanks to J&L for the easy to find pic)

lockrookie
09-26-2010, 04:40 AM
first how many inches is it siting in water secondly there is a tube that says open and closed start the break in period with it open. once it breaks in you will be able to adjust not flow as much as the water level for wet/dry skimming. the flow is really just constant whatever the pump pushes it pushes. when it gets through the breakin period itwill skim my in180 took a bit to get going now i have sludge.. which remindsme id better empty it thanks for the remnder.

reefwars
09-26-2010, 04:47 AM
first how many inches is it siting in water secondly there is a tube that says open and closed start the break in period with it open. once it breaks in you will be able to adjust not flow as much as the water level for wet/dry skimming. the flow is really just constant whatever the pump pushes it pushes. when it gets through the breakin period itwill skim my in180 took a bit to get going now i have sludge.. which remindsme id better empty it thanks for the remnder.

true, also you have to keep your levels constant to maintain your quality of skim find that sweet spot and youll be pulling out sludge in no time.its also fairly sensative and may take a few mins to re adjust:):) all in all i love my 180:):)

Fellow
09-27-2010, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the responses. I got it figured out. Now if only I could make the rest of my system run as quietly....