PDA

View Full Version : Need your help

htfn
09-25-2010, 06:08 AM
Hi, when I came back to home from my work tonight, I noticed my powder Blue has got lots of ich on his body. I tried to rescue powder blue from main tank for more than 4 hours but never success. I have invert. and mixed corals, so I can't use a copper. Do you think Hikari Ich-X Saltwater Treatment is work? It seem to me OK but I never got these problem before. What is quickest and best way to treat it before it gets too late. Powder Blue is my little girl's fish, so I can't loose it.
Please help

TJSlayer
09-25-2010, 06:06 PM
How long have you had the fish? May just be a momentary outbreak...My regals gets it every once in a while but tends to fight it off herself...

Couple of things you could try that tend to be reef safe..

RxP by kent marine
UV Light
Cleaner Shrimp (Great to have either way)
Food loaded with garlic....

TJ

htfn
10-12-2010, 06:20 AM
my 6 years old daughter's powder blue and I finished with almost 3 weeks ich battle today. I could not save him. I tried evrything what I thought but did not work. ich spred to the other fishes and I am still trying to save them. anyway, powder blue's body stuck in the bottom of crevasse and there is no way remove the body unless move a half tank of live rocks and corals. I found my inverts starts to eating. Is it ok to leave it or should I remove it?

I also thank TJ to give me an idea and I tried yours. (my computer was down and could not thank you when I got your idea.)

kien
10-12-2010, 06:24 AM
my 6 years old daughter's powder blue and I finished with almost 3 weeks ich battle today. I could not save him. I tried evrything what I thought but did not work. ich spred to the other fishes and I am still trying to save them. anyway, powder blue's body stuck in the bottom of crevasse and there is no way remove the body unless move a half tank of live rocks and corals. I found my inverts starts to eating. Is it ok to leave it or should I remove it?

I also thank TJ to give me an idea and I tried yours. (my computer was down and could not thank you when I got your idea.)

Sorry for your loss. Powder Blue Tangs can be difficult to keep. I would try to remove the dead fish as soon as possible. It has already started to decay and will rot and foil up your water and generate an ammonia spike which is not good for anyone in the tank. If the fish already have ich the ammonia spike could make matters worse.

TJSlayer
10-12-2010, 01:51 PM
No problem at all sorry it didn't work out for you....hopefully you will have better luck if it ever happens again...

htfn
10-13-2010, 03:11 AM
I removed dead body and I was surprise. nothing left except whole bones. my cleaner crews did pretty good job within 24 hours. now I have to do water change but how much do I need? 20% is good enough or more? P3ease anyone give me an idea.
Thanks

reefwars
10-13-2010, 03:20 AM
20% would be fine, just make it on low side of stressful so have your water heated, same salinity etc. Also run some carbon to help clean it up:)

htfn
10-13-2010, 06:26 AM
thanks I will do 20% water change tommorow