PDA

View Full Version : Anybody want to go to Edmonton???

Bob I
12-01-2003, 12:03 AM
I just had a brilliant flash :idea: I was thinking of going up to Edmonton next Saturday. I was hoping to wangle an invite to their meeting, and go to AI for awhile. I was thinking we could come back after the meeting. I won't go alone, but if someone with a comfortable vehicle wants to go, we might work something out :eek:

Beverly
12-01-2003, 12:14 AM
I hope you find someone to come along with you, Bob. It would be great to meet some of you folks from down south :cool:

Quinn
12-01-2003, 01:06 AM
Whatever you figure out Bob, you guys are welcome to stop here and then perhaps we can all carpool. Hopefully a few people are interested. It could turn into a real gong show, Edmonton meets Calgary.

If you do make the trip Bob, it would be pretty slick if you could bring my mysis shrimp from Ross. I know you see him once in a while and I won't be up to Calgary until the 21st. :razz:

Stretch
12-01-2003, 01:11 AM
Quinn
You still wanna hitch a ride with me to edmonton?

If so I'll PM you this week, when/where we will meet.. etc

kuatto
12-01-2003, 01:30 AM
Bob,Bob,BOb!I would think the invitation was a given :biggrin:
I'd be real disapointed if you didn't show :sad:

Jim

Quinn
12-01-2003, 01:55 AM
Yup Jesse. Hopefully we can make a real event out of this. By the way, if you want, I have a piece of digitata for you in return for that colt.

Stretch
12-01-2003, 02:56 AM
Sure I'll take a Frag, I'll PM you later

Bob I
12-02-2003, 02:57 AM
There has been only one response to date. Only Incoma has shown interest. I am wondering if perhaps we could go as a group. Perhaps Incoma, and myself could come to the Lacombe area and meet up with Quinn and Stretch. We could then decide on whose vehicle to use to continue the journey. I had hoped to leave early enough to go to AI, then have a bite to eat, and carry on the the soiree :mrgreen:

Stretch
12-02-2003, 03:10 AM
There has been only one response to date. Only Incoma has shown interest. I am wondering if perhaps we could go as a group. Perhaps Incoma, and myself could come to the Lacombe area and meet up with Quinn and Stretch. We could then decide on whose vehicle to use to continue the journey. I had hoped to leave early enough to go to AI, then have a bite to eat, and carry on the the soiree :mrgreen:

Well quinn and I do plan to make a few stops at the LFS's. I'm driving I can drive 5 people max in my car. So hopefully we can get things organized

Bob I
12-02-2003, 03:27 AM
Well Jesse that sounds good. We are at this time at four people. :biggrin:

kuatto
12-02-2003, 03:29 AM
See,I knew you guys would figure something out :mrgreen: :multi:
Bob if you do make it,can you bring the skimmer Doug is sending my way?

Bob I
12-02-2003, 03:35 AM
See,I knew you guys would figure something out :mrgreen: :multi:
Bob if you do make it,can you bring the skimmer Doug is sending my way?

Doug said he would be here tonight, but it after nine, and I have not heard from him. :frown:

kuatto
12-02-2003, 03:39 AM
:eek:

Stretch
12-02-2003, 04:03 AM
I Pm'ed Quinn bob I'll Pm you later with the plans :biggrin:

Quinn
12-02-2003, 04:46 AM
Too bad no one else wants to come. Tony, Alan, Andy, Kari, Doug, Deb, Alan, Steve, others... I guess some of you have kids and stuff - Edmonton isn't exactly a hop skip and a jump for you folks. Of course this is why I left Jon off the list (14 days if I am not mistaken!). :biggrin: Anyways maybe next time.

Bob, Jesse suggests meeting at my house, which is ok by me. If you guys are good with directions I can post how to get to my place, otherwise I will just have you meet me at a gas station just off the highway in Lacombe. Let me know.

Bob I
12-02-2003, 04:49 AM
That sounds fine. I am very good with directions, and maps. :razz:

Beverly
12-02-2003, 11:55 AM
About the MA that I was going to bring:

The red stuff will not go cling onto your live rock like caulerpa will. It needs to be secured well in the sandbed or elasticked to a small piece of LR. It is very slippery and if it roots at all in the sand, it will take a very long time.

The green matt-forming green caulerpa-type of MA comes with baby cerith snails and sometimes brown flatworms. Please let me know if any of you still want me to bring some green MA. If no one is willing to take the chance on adding flatworms to their tanks I won't bring any, but please let me know.

TANGOMAN
12-02-2003, 02:13 PM
My apologies Bob ! :redface: . I got busy out in my "little workshop" and totally forgot... :redface: .
I'll send ya' a PM with my number and we can arrange a pick up time and I can drop of that "skimmer" for Jim.

Delphinus
12-02-2003, 02:28 PM
Too bad no one else wants to come. Tony, Alan, Andy, Kari, Doug, Deb, Alan, Steve, others... I guess some of you have kids and stuff - Edmonton isn't exactly a hop skip and a jump for you folks. Of course this is why I left Jon off the list (14 days if I am not mistaken!). :biggrin: Anyways maybe next time.

I haven't decided whether I will cancel/reschedule our lighting appointment for our new house which is on Saturday. If I do, I'll come up to Edmonchuk but if I reschedule it probably gets bumped into the new year. And seeing as there has NEVER, EVER (, EVER, EVER, EVER!!!) been a freakin' reef meeting/get-together that hasn't conflicted with something I have scheduled (and I never schedule anything, except for when somebody plans a reef get-together) it means that I can predict what date in January the NEXT meet will be, simply by rescheduling my lighting appointment. Isn't that nifty! :smile:

Bob I
12-02-2003, 03:38 PM
As usual the best laid plans of mice and men etc. etc. I have just been informed that Incoma can't come. I always said I would not go alone so unless Tony can reschedule I am out also. So as of now the skimmer needs to find an alternate route.. There is always the possibility that sleeman can pick it up if Doug gets it here. (I don't phone Doug, but I am home all evenings). Why do these reef things always get so complicated is beyond my understanding. :mad:

sleeman
12-02-2003, 04:05 PM
Shouldn't be a problem, looks like I am going to be here until Saturday morning. I am working nights, so I could pick it up any day during the week as well if that works better.

Cheers,

Al

TANGOMAN
12-02-2003, 08:22 PM
Are you afraid of the phone Bob...? :cool: . No worry, I rarely answer it when it rings anyway... :lol: . I've got that high-end skimmer in it's box, all ready to travel. If the manuals paper hadn't yellowed you'd think the thing was brand new... :rolleyes: . Now I must find something to throw on the shelf in it's place..."now where's those undergravel filter plates I'm savin'..." ?.
I'll see if I can get a permit to travel to the North side tonite when the "boss" gets home.

TANGOMAN
12-03-2003, 01:49 PM
I was suffering from stupidtitis :confused: last night and forgot to take the skimmer to Bob's "bachelors love shack"...
Jim, I've sent a PM to Al to try and arrange a pick up so he can get that skimmer up to you...if it doesn't work out you can just drink the six-pack. It will probably have better results anyway... :wink: .