PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Custom Acrylic/Glass tank (36" x 20" x 12")

phi delt reefer
09-23-2010, 09:38 PM
Hi everyone;

I had John from Advanced Acrylic in Florida quote me on a 3/8 cell cast acrylic tank. Dimensions were 36"x20"x12". $325 with overflow box and return holes and rounded edges.

is there someone in Canada (ontario?) that can do something similar for me? Its a very simple tank - I would prefer glass but so far a couple glass stores have quoted $500 dollars (a little high considering 3/8 plated glass sells for $6-8 a squarefoot). I would consider buying just raw glass cut to those dimensions and assembling it myself if someone has a "glass guy".

If i get no hits here i am going to order from John. He only ships to the states but I live close to the Blue Water bridge so I will be picking it up from a shipping depot there. If anyone else is interested in a custom tank please feel free to PM me - maybe we can get a deal by buying in bulk - I am willing to make the trip across to pick up a few tanks if needed.

phi delt reefer
09-25-2010, 02:41 PM
bump

paddyob
09-25-2010, 04:30 PM
Seems like pretty common dimensions.... why custom? And Why 3/8"?

Having a tank custom made is costly anywhere.... but still should only be around $300-$350 for something that size.

The glass may not be too costly but it is the "know how".

phi delt reefer
09-27-2010, 01:53 PM
Seems like pretty common dimensions.... why custom? And Why 3/8"?

Having a tank custom made is costly anywhere.... but still should only be around $300-$350 for something that size.

The glass may not be too costly but it is the "know how".

3/8 is what i have been quoted as the best thickness for this size tank.

As for the dimensions - I havent been able to find any tanks that really are this wide or shallow, the 40 breeder is the closest but its way to tall to give me the look of a shallow tank (16 inches vs. 12). I built my stand this weekend so my tank dimesions are pretty much going to have to be custom 35.5"x 20ish x 12. I built a pretty complicated stand from nothing more than a drawing and it sort of bit me in the butt when if came to maintaining exact dimension :cry: The stand is 23.5 deep but I want i dont want plumbing out the back. I thought about cutting a 40 breeder down to height but I have 0 glass cutting experience and dont want to waste $100 bucks experimenting.

So far i have had one promising PM for acrylic but please continue to PM me with your offers (fingers crossed for a glass guy!)

thanks;

Vince

phi delt reefer
09-30-2010, 08:14 PM
still looking for a glass guy or someone who knows where to get glass sheets for cheap