PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Stocking ideas

paddyob
09-23-2010, 12:27 AM
I have a 70 gallon display and looking for one or two "show" fish. Something with some size but not too much for my tank.

Must be reef safe and community friendly.

Thanks!

Rbacchiega
09-23-2010, 12:31 AM
harem of anthias would look fantastic

paddyob
09-23-2010, 12:41 AM
harem of anthias would look fantastic

From what I have seen and heard... Anthias are big eaters and can be hard to keep alive long term without multiple daily feedings. Any thoughts on this?

ponokareefer
09-23-2010, 12:55 AM
From what I have seen and heard... Anthias are big eaters and can be hard to keep alive long term without multiple daily feedings. Any thoughts on this?

Your research is correct. All anthias can be difficult to keep alive as a group.

There are a lot of wrasse's that have a lot of color, if you have a covered lid(a big must).
You're kind of borderline to0 small, but you could look at one of the smaller tangs like the Yellow tang or Kole tang. It would need to be your last fish so it didn't bother new fish.

paddyob
09-23-2010, 12:59 AM
Your research is correct. All anthias can be difficult to keep alive as a group.

There are a lot of wrasse's that have a lot of color, if you have a covered lid(a big must).
You're kind of borderline to0 small, but you could look at one of the smaller tangs like the Yellow tang or Kole tang. It would need to be your last fish so it didn't bother new fish.

I have a small Six-Line Wrasse already. Are there any that are compatible with it?

I also have a pair of ocellaris going in..... so far.

Rbacchiega
09-23-2010, 04:20 PM
Anthias can be difficult but when I kept them feeding was like this:
1: Wakeup, turn lights on on the tank and shower...when shower's done, feed
2: Get home from work (around 5pm) feed
3: about half an hour before lights out (say, around 10:30) feed.

worked fine for me...just watch the fish feed in the LFS if you can before purchase.

ponokareefer
09-23-2010, 05:28 PM
I have a small Six-Line Wrasse already. Are there any that are compatible with it?

I also have a pair of ocellaris going in..... so far.

Those clowns are usually not very aggressive, so you should be good with them.
I have no personal experience with Six-Line's as the research I have done shows that they can be quite aggressive.