PDA

View Full Version : 2 Little Fishies Reactor 150 at 106 and 250 GPH

Ross
09-22-2010, 04:28 PM
I hooked up a used 2 little fishies reactor with a maxi jet 400 pump (106gph) that it came with.
The pellets didnt move...
I only have about an inch of them in there. I expected them to be tumbling around fairly well....

So I bumped the maxi jet for a odyssea pump @ 250 gph and they still bairly move.

How much flow should one have in this reactor?
Should they not be tossing and turning and rolling all over the place or just sitting there lifeless?

phi delt reefer
09-22-2010, 07:01 PM
heres a vid of what it should look like;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbuPRkYg-FA

is valve opened all the way?

Coleus
09-22-2010, 07:06 PM
I hooked up a used 2 little fishies reactor with a maxi jet 400 pump (106gph) that it came with.
The pellets didnt move...
I only have about an inch of them in there. I expected them to be tumbling around fairly well....

So I bumped the maxi jet for a odyssea pump @ 250 gph and they still bairly move.

How much flow should one have in this reactor?
Should they not be tossing and turning and rolling all over the place or just sitting there lifeless?

Make sure you soak the pellets well and replace the filter pad with plastic mess. I used maxijet 900 and 1200 and works well on both.

ottoman
09-22-2010, 07:23 PM
I think you need a maxijet 1200 at least. Also check your value, tubing and connections, make sure they are clean and clear, nothing blocking the flow. Some time a small pellet can be stuck in there.

DCDN
09-22-2010, 07:26 PM
I use a MJ1200 with about a third of it full and it works great. Tumbling around really great.

gobytron
09-22-2010, 09:18 PM
are you sure you have the pump hooked up correctly?

When I first got my TLF phosban, I put the line out to the pump and couldn't figure out why there was no tumbling...:redface:

Kicked myself when I realized that it was hooked up backwards.

Ross
09-22-2010, 10:27 PM
I soaked the pellets for 2 days in ro changed the water several times.

I did check to make sure that I had the lines connected correctly too. :lol:

Make sure you soak the pellets well and replace the filter pad with plastic mess.

"plastic mess"?? What the heck is that?

I tried with and without the filter pads.
I've also made sure that all the connections inside are sealed and not leaking. There is a nice laminar discharge, but very little tumbling...

rjengen
09-23-2010, 02:34 AM
I had the same problem...I replaced the MJ400 for a MJ1200 and that helped out a lot on the first reactor, but the second one was still kinda bunk. I ended up running each of my TLF's seperate, each with a MJ1200 driving them, and I haven't had any issues since. I think there is too much flow restriction when they are running together...then again, this is just one noobs findings. HTH

e46er
09-23-2010, 05:08 AM
i also run mine individaully running in series was not working out so great for me