PDA

View Full Version : pls help my clown!!

Capt_kulafu
09-20-2010, 03:58 PM
my clown too breathing heavily i dont know what to do pls help me guys to survive my clown fish?

Flash
09-20-2010, 04:13 PM
give us more info.

have you tested your water, how old is your tank, how big is your tank. what else is in your tank...

dsaundry
09-20-2010, 04:16 PM
First question, have you checked all your water specifications, including temperature, ammonia, nitrite's etc? Check your salinity level. If all tests good, you may have to let nature run it's course. How long have you had the fish for? If it's a new fish, that may be half the problem there, it may be stressed.

reefwars
09-20-2010, 04:22 PM
If what the other reefers suggest checks out ok look into making sure you have enough oxygen in your tank. Should always have a quaritine tank on stand by.I'm leaning towards fish added to early after cycle, or not enough oxygen. Never take any measures or treatment untill you know what's happening :) goodluck

Capt_kulafu
09-20-2010, 06:12 PM
my clown was like a drunk and breathly too fast i check my salanity and ph is ok and my tank is 30G. my tank is 2 months old. last week a have an vacation for 1 week my friend fed them more times. then the following day i change my water in 20% after my vacation. i dunno what to do to my clown... one more thing i forgot the heater to turn on last week maybe that's the problem...
sorry for the grammar i'm full of stress right now to my 30bucks clownfish...

jorjef
09-20-2010, 07:13 PM
Turn the heater on... to about 78 degrees...Do another water change cleaning the gravel best you can.....and you many want to wait a couple of weeks to add anything else...Sorry to hear about the fish buy you are going to need thicker skin to stay in the salt hobby...

Capt_kulafu
09-20-2010, 10:54 PM
i wish my clown suffer.. his deaseas

BlueWorldAquatic
09-21-2010, 12:07 AM
Could be too much feeding, therefore test for ammonia. Heavy breathing could be to slight ammonia burns or ich in the gills (Look for small white specks on the fishes body).

Ken - BWA

Wayne
09-21-2010, 02:50 AM
If its over feeding do another 20% water change. Do you have any other test kits?

Capt_kulafu
09-21-2010, 03:14 AM
huhuhu my clown is Rest in Peace.....:redface:

Wayne
09-21-2010, 03:44 AM
Thats good news! Did you try anything that made an improvement? Or did it just work itself out?

Capt_kulafu
09-21-2010, 04:44 PM
my clown is Rest in Peace....

kevNnic
09-21-2010, 06:12 PM
lol i think he speaks backwards, lol most likely meaning his fish is most definetly dead.

sorry to hear that.

bvlester
09-21-2010, 07:07 PM
my clown is Rest in Peace....

sorry to hear this news I got it right off. anyway you will probably have to wait a week or two before adding anything to your tank let it sort it self out first. Then get a damsel to make sure the water is safe do not add another fish for a week then you can add 1 or 2 fish no more. You have to wait for a bit in between adding fish so the bio filter can adjust to the new bio load. after the tank is up and running again you can even add a soft coral like a Xenia or some Zoe's.

Bill

Capt_kulafu
09-21-2010, 10:33 PM
thanks bill for info!!!

daniella3d
09-27-2010, 04:00 PM
good news??? Rest in Peace??? RIP? never saw this? it means it's dead..forever resting. you know...

How is that good news?

Don't buy any other fish until your cycle is finish fully. I beleive your fish died from ammonia poisoning. Keep some Seachem Prime to detoxify ammonia if you ever have some and get a ammonia test kit. At high PH amonia is very toxic in very short time. Also next time you leave, prepair premesured portion of food for your friend to give so that way he'll not be able to overfeed. When I leave I give my friend little boxes with the right amount of food for each day and a full sheet of written instructions.

Thats good news! Did you try anything that made an improvement? Or did it just work itself out?

ALang
09-27-2010, 04:18 PM
Sorry to hear about your Clownfish.
When I go on vacation, my Mom or my 19 year-old son tries to help. I always either have my fish food on auto-feeder (always have it dispense a little less food than what I usually feed, just in case), or prior to buying one of those auto- feeder, I have those little pill cups that you can buy from dollarstore, 5 for $1, and I pre-measure food in there for them to feed the fish. Again, less food than what I normally feed. The fish won't starve if it is only a week or two. There should be some pods in your tank (if it is mature enough) for the fish to browse on.
A large air pump is handy for situation like that, too, to add more oxygen into your tank, and lots of water changes, suctioning the sand a bit. The Prime water conditioner help to bind up Ammonia, Nitrate, etc immediately until you can get to the water changes, as well.
Usually I relax during my vacation, until I think about my reef tank, then I have a slight panic attack, until more rum goes through my system to help me relax again. This is probably why the rum consumption goes up as the vacation continues...
Good luck to you.

daniella3d
10-02-2010, 10:54 PM
I put a web cam on my aquarium when I got on vacation and I check it few times per day. The sort of help me get peace of mind while I am away.

Prime is good but be carefull as it stain T-shirt the say way javel water do. I am not sure why it only does this to t-shirts, no other clothes. Took me a while to understand that all these white spots on my nice t-shirts were coming from Prime.

Sorry to hear about your Clownfish.
When I go on vacation, my Mom or my 19 year-old son tries to help. I always either have my fish food on auto-feeder (always have it dispense a little less food than what I usually feed, just in case), or prior to buying one of those auto- feeder, I have those little pill cups that you can buy from dollarstore, 5 for $1, and I pre-measure food in there for them to feed the fish. Again, less food than what I normally feed. The fish won't starve if it is only a week or two. There should be some pods in your tank (if it is mature enough) for the fish to browse on.
A large air pump is handy for situation like that, too, to add more oxygen into your tank, and lots of water changes, suctioning the sand a bit. The Prime water conditioner help to bind up Ammonia, Nitrate, etc immediately until you can get to the water changes, as well.
Usually I relax during my vacation, until I think about my reef tank, then I have a slight panic attack, until more rum goes through my system to help me relax again. This is probably why the rum consumption goes up as the vacation continues...
Good luck to you.

reefwars
10-02-2010, 10:56 PM
I put a web cam on my aquarium when I got on vacation and I check it few times per day. The sort of help me get peace of mind while I am away.

Prime is good but be carefull as it stain T-shirt the say way javel water do. I am not sure why it only does this to t-shirts, no other clothes. Took me a while to understand that all these white spots on my nice t-shirts were coming from Prime.

webcam interesting concept:):)

daniella3d
10-02-2010, 11:11 PM
It's very easy to set up. I put my notebook in front of the aquarium with a web cam and a web cam server software. I use Yawcam server, very easy to configure.

I have Telus mobility and the unlimited web access cost 10$ per month, so I can check my aquarium on my cell phone where ever there is cell phone service, so pretty much everywhere I go since Telus has a good coverage here. :)

webcam interesting concept:):)