PDA

View Full Version : LF: LED Lights for a Six Foot Tank

fish_man05
09-19-2010, 11:05 PM
I know that there are different ones available and some are better than others.

Let me know what you have.

Thank You.

marcingo
09-19-2010, 11:15 PM
If your interested in Chinese I recommend fish-street.com. I just purchased a fixture for my nano and it is very well built. I think the lights are too strong for my 10 gallon tank even when everything is on the sand bed. Again I ordered from these guys and recieved a very nice product. 12 leds 2 strips and a third strip down the middle of moon lights.

Didnt cost me too much either.

Will be doing a par test this weekend on these lights. They use 3 watt Cree XPE leds in the fixture. Same guys that sell Maxspect- getting pretty popular from what I have seen.

Best part of all they are UL/CE rated from their website claims.

Only complaint I have about mine is you cant really set a timer to them since all three switches for fan/daylight/moonlight are on the same power cord.

Also run very quiet and have a great shimmer.

fish_man05
09-21-2010, 06:21 AM
If your interested in Chinese I recommend fish-street.com. I just purchased a fixture for my nano and it is very well built. I think the lights are too strong for my 10 gallon tank even when everything is on the sand bed. Again I ordered from these guys and recieved a very nice product. 12 leds 2 strips and a third strip down the middle of moon lights.

Didnt cost me too much either.

Will be doing a par test this weekend on these lights. They use 3 watt Cree XPE leds in the fixture. Same guys that sell Maxspect- getting pretty popular from what I have seen.

Best part of all they are UL/CE rated from their website claims.

Only complaint I have about mine is you cant really set a timer to them since all three switches for fan/daylight/moonlight are on the same power cord.

Also run very quiet and have a great shimmer.

Let me know how it turns out.