PDA

View Full Version : LF: LED Lights for a Six Foot Tank

fish_man05
09-19-2010, 11:04 PM
I know that there are different ones available and some are better than others.

Let me know what you have.

Thank You.

ferret
09-20-2010, 01:50 AM
The combination of leds are various for the fish only and reef tanks

Wanderer
09-20-2010, 05:17 PM
look at the Vertex Illuminas

J&L has them, and the one set up in their sore is sweet!

http://www.jlaquatics.com/product/vt-ldsr1800/Vertex+Illumina+SR1800+LED+Lighting+Fixture+(72+In ch).html

Ron99
09-20-2010, 06:50 PM
What are your goals? Fish only? Mixed reef? SPS only?

I would go with the AI over the Vertex at this point if you are looking for high light applications. Otherwise, the G3 Maxspects are looking quite nice to or a G2 Maxspect if you don't need really high PAR.

donlite
09-20-2010, 07:13 PM
Do you have more money or time. You can build it yourself and get the exact color temp you want or if you are loaded just pick one up from J L:idea:

rjengen
09-20-2010, 07:47 PM
FWIW...Ken at Blue World in Edmonton is building me an LED fixture with built in dimmer switch, and once it's integrated with my profilux, will be able to auto dim via the controller. It might be worth your time to get intouch with him and quiz him up...you WILL save BIG over the other fixtures out there, and they look really good. He's had one of his LED light's set up on a tank for a couple of months now, and it, and the coral look good.

fish_man05
09-21-2010, 06:19 AM
look at the Vertex Illuminas

J&L has them, and the one set up in their sore is sweet!

http://www.jlaquatics.com/product/vt-ldsr1800/Vertex+Illumina+SR1800+LED+Lighting+Fixture+(72+In ch).html

Impressive, but way, way too expensive! lol

What are your goals? Fish only? Mixed reef? SPS only?

I would go with the AI over the Vertex at this point if you are looking for high light applications. Otherwise, the G3 Maxspects are looking quite nice to or a G2 Maxspect if you don't need really high PAR.

Thanks, I will look into these. Any idea of pricing for them?

FWIW...Ken at Blue World in Edmonton is building me an LED fixture with built in dimmer switch, and once it's integrated with my profilux, will be able to auto dim via the controller. It might be worth your time to get intouch with him and quiz him up...you WILL save BIG over the other fixtures out there, and they look really good. He's had one of his LED light's set up on a tank for a couple of months now, and it, and the coral look good.

Thanks for the contact. I will give Ken a shout.