PDA

View Full Version : JL Aquatics FISH Group Order **ON HOLD** (Edmonton)

paddyob
09-18-2010, 08:23 PM
Wondering if anyone in Edmonton might be interested in a JL Aquatics group order on some fish?

Let me know as there are a couple things I want.

Patrick

bignose
09-18-2010, 09:41 PM
Whats shipping going to cost paddy?

paddyob
09-18-2010, 10:38 PM
Whats shipping going to cost paddy?

The below copy and paste is from JL's shipping section... feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/store_pages/policies.php#livestock

Aquarium Livestock Shipping
Live Goods are generally shipped via Airline guaranteed freight unless otherwise specified. By shipping guaranteed freight, this allows us to choose the flight the animals will be on, and advise you the arrival time. In addition, we request that all live goods be held in a heated warehouse prior to you receiving them, and that they are shipped in a heated compartment of the airplane.
In most cases we can also ship to your door via UPS overnight service. While this is more convenient and tends to cost a little less, we cannot offer a live arrival guarantee.
For regional orders (those to Vancouver Island, and the interior of British Columbia) we can ship by bus, but please note:

LIVE ARRIVAL WILL NOT BE GUARANTEED ON BUS & UPS ORDERS - NO EXCEPTIONS!
Packaging charges will be applied to all orders containing live goods. Box charges are as follows Small (2-4 items): $5.00, Medium (5-8 items): $10.00 Large (8+ items): $15.00. There is no additional box charge for live rock orders. There will be no box charge on orders in excess of $200.00. We will do our best to ensure that your product is packaged in the smallest package while providing the greatest possible protection of the animals to ensure they arrive to you safely and in good health. Heat packs are used when warranted for an additional cost of $1.00 per heat pack.
CORAL, FISH AND INVERTEBRATE SHIPPING COSTS

REGION AB
0-$100 = $50 shipping
$100-$200 = $40 shipping
$200-$300 = $30 shipping
$300+ = $25 shipping

All shipping is next day air.

I would arrange it for a Friday and pick up at airport Saturday.

hqgc
09-19-2010, 02:06 AM
I'm interested! Which friday?

eguld
09-19-2010, 02:29 AM
I'm in there all the time what are you guys thinking about getting?

I will be there on Tuesday if you want me to have a look and see if it looks good and healthy?

Kona
09-19-2010, 05:57 AM
I'm in there all the time what are you guys thinking about getting?

I will be there on Tuesday if you want me to have a look and see if it looks good and healthy?

If they have any Achilles tangs there i would be interseted in putting in an order.

paddyob
09-19-2010, 06:01 AM
If they have any Achilles tangs there i would be interseted in putting in an order.

http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/store_pages/product-info.php?product_ID=F-7010

paddyob
09-19-2010, 03:14 PM
Bump

Edmonton newbie
09-19-2010, 10:13 PM
tagging along

bignose
09-20-2010, 12:18 AM
If more people order to bring down the shipping cost I'm in.

Murminator
09-20-2010, 12:24 AM
Are you talking saturday the 25th?

paddyob
09-20-2010, 12:38 AM
Are you talking saturday the 25th?

No not this week. Looking first week October I think.

Jason... I saw another thread saying orders over $300 and shipping is free... I am not sure about it as cant find it on the website.

Murminator
09-20-2010, 01:05 AM
If you secure a date lemme know I might be in

foxfishfan
09-20-2010, 01:55 AM
Hey Paddy, I tried to find a large anenome, didn't see it under invertebrates or under the fish heading. Weren't you looking for one too? If I can order a large lta, I'll order with you.

paddyob
09-20-2010, 07:38 PM
I want to order for delivery on weekend of October 8. let me know how this works.

paddyob
09-20-2010, 11:34 PM
So there is no free shipping promo.

If we are $300+ the shipping is $25. So between 4-5 people thats nothing.

If anyone is interested let me know as soon as possible.

I want to have the order delivered Saturday, Oct. 9.

The order would be placed the Wednesday prior (Oct. 6) and would be be shipped air Friday for pick-up on the Saturday.

I do not work Saturdays so can pick up no questions.

Any thoughts?

Patrick

paddyob
09-21-2010, 02:09 PM
Pm me if interested.

paddyob
09-23-2010, 01:18 AM
I am willing to make the order and pick up at airport.

Those people who are wanting to make an order must arrange to have funds transferred to me or dropped at my house on Wednesday Oct 6 by 7:00pm.

This is when I plan to make the order.

The order will be placed for Friday shipping and Saturday arrival.

If you are on the list to order... but do not drop funds prior to order... I will, unfortunately drop your order.

I hope you all understand that I do not want to somehow end up holding fish waiting for payment that may never come.

If you wish to be apart of this group order... please submit your info by private message:

Name, Telephone and Items wanted.

Also, I do not have the facilities to hold fish for pick-up. Once I know when fish are due to arrive we will make a time to meet (very soon after) so we can get our fish acclimating to protect the "Arrive Alive Guarantee".

Any questions please let me know. Suggestions also welcome.

Murminator
09-23-2010, 04:01 AM
Does anyone know how up to date their website is?

paddyob
09-23-2010, 04:06 AM
Does anyone know how up to date their website is?

They have some stuff not listed for sure. Best to call and verify stock with the store.

Murminator
09-23-2010, 04:19 AM
I will be in I will make a list

paddyob
09-28-2010, 11:28 PM
I need to know who is ordering for sure so I can see how the shipping will work out.

We are ordering in a week. Now is the time for each of you to contact JL directly and confirm they have what you want. they may or may not hold it, I am not sure.

After stock checking... PM me what you would like and cost of items.

As I must place order for everyone, I must remind you I need payment for your portion before the order is placed. If you do not make the arrangements before cut off I will not be able to order for you.

I am unavailable to meet this weekend, and school Monday and Weds... So Tuesday is best time to meet up.

Please let me know ASAP if you plan to order.

Doo
09-29-2010, 01:47 PM
so is the delivery date Oct 8th or 9th?

paddyob
09-29-2010, 09:10 PM
so is the delivery date Oct 8th or 9th?

Delivery date will be Saturday the 9th Of oct. order will ship friday over night.

Doo
09-29-2010, 10:09 PM
Might get a better turnout if it is not on a long weekend (people going away).

The last time we did this the order was shipped same day (plane) and I believe they guaranteed live arrival on everything. We lost a few and the credited us the losses...

Do they provide the same guarantee with overnight shipping?

Thanks

paddyob
09-29-2010, 11:02 PM
Might get a better turnout if it is not on a long weekend (people going away).

The last time we did this the order was shipped same day (plane) and I believe they guaranteed live arrival on everything. We lost a few and the credited us the losses...

Do they provide the same guarantee with overnight shipping?

Thanks

That is flight we are getting. Same guarantee. Same terms.

Long weekend? which one? Thanksgiving?

bignose
09-29-2010, 11:46 PM
2nd week of October is a holiday but I'm still in if your going to order.

Kevotron
09-30-2010, 12:33 AM
I would be interested in the ordering
but does it have to involve fish or basically any live stock ?

paddyob
09-30-2010, 03:34 AM
I would be interested in the ordering
but does it have to involve fish or basically any live stock ?

I believe livestock is livestock. Shipping charges are the same and it is the entire category.

paddyob
09-30-2010, 03:37 AM
Group Buying Aquarium Supplies

J&L Aquatics encourages group orders for either livestock or equipment. In many instances (especially with livestock) it can save you a fair amount of money on shipping alone. In order to expedite this process and eliminate any confusion, please follow these simple guidelines listed below.
One Ambassador needs to be assigned per group order. The ambassador is required to coordinate ordering between the group and J&L. We will work closely with the ambassador to ensure the items requested are on hold and accurately billed.
An Order List, which contains the entire contents of the order separated by person involved, will be provided to J&L near the end of the group order Cut off period. Contact information (actual name and phone number) of each person listed is also required. No bulletin board handles will be accepted.
A Cut Off Period needs to be assigned by the ambassador at the outset of the group order, and no additions or changes may be made past this point. The Cut off period is generally the business day before the order is scheduled to be shipped.
It is completely encouraged for the participants to call in on their own and check availability and stock; but, they won't be able to order or hold anything on their own. They must report their items to the ambassador.

The group ambassador is responsible for all order/shipping charges.

Kevotron
09-30-2010, 03:59 AM
I wanna Crocea clam, but you can't order those online :(
and i dont see any Dendros either on their coral list

paddyob
09-30-2010, 04:04 AM
I wanna Crocea clam, but you can't order those online :(
and i dont see any Dendros either on their coral list

Nothing can be ordered online. Livestock needs to be placed by phone.

paddyob
10-01-2010, 12:15 AM
So I would like to make the cut off Tuesday the 5th of Oct. I have school Mondays and Wednesdays so just can't be around.

I am also not free this weekend to meet up for money... but you can drop it to my place tonight or Tuesday.

PLEASE PM me your full name and telephone number as well as items wanted.

Also, take the time to verify they have your items ahead of time. I have verified mine and I am good to go.

I need an idea who is ordering today, and approximate order value so we can factor shipping charges to what you pay.

paddyob
10-01-2010, 03:23 AM
Confirmed part of group order...

Myself, Tony, Jason, Murray

At Approximately $195 so far. That's $40 shipping plus heat packs.

Once we hit $200... shipping is $30... @$300 its $25.

bignose
10-01-2010, 03:25 AM
did you order my whale shark?

paddyob
10-01-2010, 04:01 AM
did you order my whale shark?

You wanted a mated pair, right Jason?

Murminator
10-01-2010, 04:15 AM
I'll be in I just have to make a list and call them...then I will pm you

penelty
10-01-2010, 10:31 AM
we dont have any achillies in stock, lots of copperbands, a moorish idol, radiant wrasse, a bunch of the usual stuff. some short fin lionfish, purple scorpion for 400$. rainbow wrasse. a bunch of aussie corals...

Kevotron
10-02-2010, 07:07 AM
Any Dendros & Crocea Clams ??

paddyob
10-04-2010, 12:02 AM
I am free only tuesday between 7 And 8 Pm . this is when i need your items (Which you should have called JL To confirm they have) and your money dropped off. at this point i have 3 Names with items requested. i want to know by tomorrow night if you plan to order as i need to know what shipping will be per person. your items and funds cut off is Tuesday but if you do not confirm with me Monday you will be excluded. thank you.

Murminator
10-04-2010, 02:10 AM
I am free only tuesday between 7 And 8 Pm . this is when i need your items (Which you should have called JL To confirm they have) and your money dropped off. at this point i have 3 Names with items requested. i want to know by tomorrow night if you plan to order as i need to know what shipping will be per person. your items and funds cut off is Tuesday but if you do not confirm with me Monday you will be excluded. thank you.

Why do we give you the money? Every time I have done this everyone pays J&L via CC they ship it under 1 persons name. They put it under a group order in 1 persons name and everyone orders through them for the group order. They divide up the shipping on the amount/weight of the bags you get. They give you a packing list what everyone has ordered and mark the bags who's is what. They give you a shipping time and arrival time in Edmonton...used to be Thursdays. The person who is usually heading it up PM's everyone the pick up and time and picks it up. Whenever I did it everyone PM'ed their numbers to get ahold of anyone usually I didn't have to. I knew who had ordered didn't know what they ordered or how much their part was till I seen the packing list. They do group orders everyday they had it pretty simplified.....unless something has changed in the last 1.5-2 years since i did one

Murminator
10-04-2010, 02:17 AM
Wosers I stand corrected they did change it....guess I better get my but in gear

Paddyob PM your digits and I will call you Monday after I talk to J&L

J&L Aquatics encourages group orders for either livestock or equipment. In many instances (especially with livestock) it can save you a fair amount of money on shipping alone. In order to expedite this process and eliminate any confusion, please follow these simple guidelines listed below.
One Ambassador needs to be assigned per group order. The ambassador is required to coordinate ordering between the group and J&L. We will work closely with the ambassador to ensure the items requested are on hold and accurately billed.
An Order List, which contains the entire contents of the order separated by person involved, will be provided to J&L near the end of the group order Cut off period. Contact information (actual name and phone number) of each person listed is also required. No bulletin board handles will be accepted.
A Cut Off Period needs to be assigned by the ambassador at the outset of the group order, and no additions or changes may be made past this point. The Cut off period is generally the business day before the order is scheduled to be shipped.
It is completely encouraged for the participants to call in on their own and check availability and stock; but, they won't be able to order or hold anything on their own. They must report their items to the ambassador.

Seamazter
10-04-2010, 03:09 AM
Im riding this thread, just curious of how things go,and how hard it is.

paddyob
10-04-2010, 03:14 AM
I know Murray already saw the group policies... but I will post it for everyone's info....

Group Buying Aquarium Supplies

J&L Aquatics encourages group orders for either livestock or equipment. In many instances (especially with livestock) it can save you a fair amount of money on shipping alone. In order to expedite this process and eliminate any confusion, please follow these simple guidelines listed below:

Any questions.... the JL site and their sales people can answer pretty much any questions.

paddyob
10-04-2010, 03:20 AM

Just to clarify again... I do not need your order Monday... just your commitment so we can ensure to split shipping charges equally. Cut off is Tuesday.

I have flight school Monday and Wednesday nights so I am not available those nights. If Tuesday does not work for you... or the specified time... please PM me and we can try make other arrangements.

Thanks.

Patrick

paddyob
10-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Bump

foxfishfan
10-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Pat I will be at your place tomorrow between 7 and 8pm with my share. thanks again,Tony

paddyob
10-04-2010, 06:13 PM
I have contacted JL and a few things are now on hold.

Tony - Large green carpet

Myself - Tail Spot, Rainford

Jason, unfortunately, for you AND me, the Royal Grammas are not available. JL said they did not do well and have been losing them. They have none available for purchase.

As for shipping.... it again depends on what we spend. Heat packs are $1/each and the box will need 4 of them. No big deal for a buck!

Please let me know, again, today if you want to order... I need your full names and contact telephone number.

I will PM you my telephone and address once I hear from you.

paddyob
10-04-2010, 11:20 PM
Hey guys....

I am second guessing the order through JL.

They do not have one of the fish I wanted.... I just found other stuff... the Tail Spot Blenny, snails and hermits... cheaper here in town at Red Coral Aquarium.

At this point I am now only at one fish.... and I don't think I can justify the shipping for one fish.

I am going to have a second look tonight to see if there is anything else... but at this point I think I am dropping out.

There are only three of us ordering... at what value now I don't know... it does not balance out for me.

On top of that... the drive to the airport puts me over the value of the one fish left to order.

Sorry about this.

If there was more of us ordering it might be worth while.... but at this time, I think it is no longer worth the order.

If you are willing to wait a bit... and see if the other fish come in... as Murray noted he is also not finding what he wanted.... maybe we can do it at a later date.

But again... Red Coral had better prices on three of my items so I had no choice but to buy local.

I know this may be disappointing... but let me know.

bignose
10-04-2010, 11:26 PM
Damn I really wanted a mating pair of whale sharks!:lol: No big deal Patrick sometimes things don't work out as planned.

Murminator
10-04-2010, 11:56 PM
No problem here Patrick I wanted 3 fish and they only had 1.....what I wanted no one in Edmonton will beat their prices....maybe a later date

paddyob
10-05-2010, 12:00 AM
No problem here Patrick I wanted 3 fish and they only had 1.....what I wanted no one in Edmonton will beat their prices....maybe a later date

Appreciated. The one other fish I wanted is $10 more local.... but at the same time shipping and driving is more than that.

Doo
10-05-2010, 02:12 PM
I am in for the order if you guys want to move forward - I work by the airport and I can pickup the fish up for us...

If you guys want to revive this - I am in!