PDA

View Full Version : Aaaaaaargh.. newly purchased cleaner eaten by zebra hermit..

JTrigger
11-30-2003, 02:18 AM
Man o man... I had presumed that I had lost a couple cleaners over the last few months just due to random reasons.. but tonight the new cleaner was hanging out under some LR in the corner... an hour later I come by and see it's head being munched off by my zebra hermit (the size of a ping-pong ball btw).

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

JT

Bob I
11-30-2003, 02:24 AM
I only ask one question that being "how the h###l does a hermit crab of any size catch a healthy shrimp :question: :question:

EmilyB
11-30-2003, 02:27 AM
They can while they are shedding. :eek:

Another reason I don't keep crabs of any kind in my reef tank. They are cool, but have their place.

Bob I
11-30-2003, 02:32 AM
They can while they are shedding. :eek:

Another reason I don't keep crabs of any kind in my reef tank. They are cool, but have their place.

Yes, of course. But I did say "healthy" And, no, I have no crabs either(In my tanks I mean} That is simply because I have no idea what their place is. Not in my tanks for sure (for once I agree with deb) :eek: )

EmilyB
11-30-2003, 03:02 AM
(for once I agree with deb) :eek: )

:rolleyes: It can't be the first time....and it won't be the last....wait till I post my skimmerless tank.... :mrgreen: :razz:

Bob I
11-30-2003, 03:46 AM
(for once I agree with deb) :eek: )

:rolleyes: It can't be the first time....and it won't be the last....wait till I post my skimmerless tank.... :mrgreen: :razz:

Wow, I hope I am sitting down when that happens. :puppydog:

Quinn
11-30-2003, 03:51 AM
And, no, I have no crabs either(In my tanks I mean}

So you're saying you have crabs elsewhere? :mrgreen:

I think a good place for crabs is down low. I mean in a sump. I've had one between my baffles since early summer.