PDA

View Full Version : LF Regal Tang

young1984
09-16-2010, 03:50 AM
Hi is anyone selling their regal tang in the Edmonton area?

reefwars
09-16-2010, 03:54 AM
they get big lil buddy very big lol how big is your tank??? i have that lil clown for you i havent forgotten just been busy these last few days give me a call tomorrow and well set something up:):) 780-966-9126 denny:):)

young1984
09-16-2010, 03:58 AM
Thanks Denny, I'll call you tomorrow. 60 Gallon so I'm hoping for a smaller regal and I'll grow with it, and eventually put it into a bigger tank when I need too. lol the next tank I setup will probably be a 100 to 200 gallon FOWLR tank.

reefwars
09-16-2010, 04:03 AM
ok, well im not gonna lecture you but keep in mind things dont always plan out and a regal tang will outgrow that tank in 6 mths if not sooner:):) tty tomorrow and good luck on the tank :):)

ElGuappo
09-16-2010, 06:53 AM
i had one in a 50g for algae control and it outgrew the tank in 3 monthes... was under an inche when i got it was was 3 inches after 3-4 monthes.

just fyi..

young1984
09-16-2010, 04:24 PM
Hmm I'll defnitely need to consider that, I expected them to grow really big, but not as quickly. haha would it be cruel to keep a small regal until it over grows my tank and sell it, and continue this cycle, so I have a consistent small regal, well until I upgrade to a larger tank.

reefwars
09-16-2010, 04:37 PM
it would be im afraid see the proble isnt the size its that a fish that grows that fast will get stressed very easily in such a small tank i wouldnt keep a juvie in anything less than a 100g.the other side is they are super super ich magnets like one of the worse they almost all get it at some time.someone said a good analagy a while ago on here they said try to imagine a dinner plate swimming in your tank,turning around not easy to do.if you were to keep exchanging your tang for a new juvie youll be looking at disease alot faster.disease in this hobby can wipe out your whole tank sometimes in one day so do the pros and cons on how much you spent and the work involved is it worth it for a fish you like the look of??

honestly buddy if you like give me a shout later and i can show you a list of nice fish that would go well with a 60g or we can take a trip to blueworld and talk to ken and we can get you something that would survive healthy in your system:)cheers lil buddy :):)

Lampshade
09-16-2010, 09:21 PM
I'll speak from experiance on this one, i have a 55 and it stressed out my other fish to the point of me losing one, and the regal would not have made it if i didn't get rid of it the same day(within 4 hours). I only have 4 other fish in my tank, the reagl was 5, and I lost one fish within the first 2 hours from stress. I almost lost my flame hawkfish aswell, but he recovered. This was a small regal, I'd suggest waiting for the bigger tank, it may save you some fish, and money.