PDA

View Full Version : LF: Sump/Return Pump/Misc

Lampshade
09-15-2010, 07:56 PM
I have been piecing together my new system, thanks to everyone i've bought stuff from. Just need a few last things, I'd prefer to buy from canreef, it's been great so far.

Sump - I need a sump that's less than 13" wide if possible(could go up to 16 if that's all i can find), and 36-48" long. A sump with baffles would be great, but an old scratched up tank will do fine aswell. A 55 would be ideal, but probably would be a 37-55gal with those dimensions, whatever you have I'm sure i can make work. - FOUND

Return Pump - 1500gph+, no rio's(i have one now that works well as a heater). Oversize wouldn't be bad, it's always nice to have control. - FOUND(thanks)

Auto Top Off - Probably going to just get a mechanical float switch, but if someone has a setup that works I'd be interested. - FOUND

Plumbing - Going to be buying a bunch of PVC, hoses, valves, etc. when i'm setting this up, so if someone has some extra kicking around I'd be happy to buy it from you.

Live Rock - Won't be needing this until late oct., but if someone's planing on taking down a tank in that time let me know. I'll probably be needing about 50lbs. I'll take base rock now if someone has it.

RO or Ro/DI Unit - pretty much anything would work, Just something basic, don't need 200gpd or anything. - FOUND(thanks)

Thanks all in advance, send me a message if you're willing to sell some of this stuff.

gobytron
09-15-2010, 08:58 PM
I have an oceanic sump model 3 with Kent float valve...
120$

Lampshade
09-15-2010, 11:14 PM
I have an oceanic sump model 3 with Kent float valve...
120$

What are the dimentions of the Oceanic 3? I'd thought they where 36x18x20, if It's smaller that would be great.

Lampshade
09-16-2010, 08:05 PM
^Bump^

04scoobysti
09-16-2010, 10:10 PM
i have some 3/4" pvc you could have only 6' of it though. I have some fittings kicking around here too.

gobytron
09-17-2010, 02:00 PM
hmmmm...
I thought it was a 12" width...

Let me go measure and I'll edit this post with the dims...

Edit...
It's actually a model 2 sump.
Includes 1" bulkhead and Kent float valve.

I'm asking 120$

but as an FYI, Raf is selling this same unit without the valve or bulkhead for 100$ so you have a couple options.

Lampshade
09-17-2010, 08:58 PM
That does sound pretty good, but i was hopeing to be able to fit a refugium in there, and the model 2 doesn't have enough space. If i decide to go with a stand alone reugium I'll let you know, looks like it might be heading that way if i can't find a 48-55 gallon tank anytime soon.