PDA

View Full Version : Classic case

marie
09-14-2010, 05:22 AM
A classis case of eyes being too big for the tummy.....or in this case too big for the mouth
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/mariesnell/scooterblennie002.jpg

I saw this little guy at an LFS in Nanaimo a couple of weeks ago. He was the tiniest scooter I had ever seen and as close to starvation as I've ever seen a fish. Apparently he likes mysis shrimp.....a lot. He scooped this mysis that was just about as big as he is, from the mouth of a coral I was feeding

lockrookie
09-14-2010, 05:28 AM
wow very small i love scooters they just arent right they swim but they dont. its a fish thatwishes it had legs... i hope he fattens up for you and does well great find

marie
09-14-2010, 02:26 PM
I'm amazed how much weight he has put on already. I really didn't think he would survive the trip home

Chaloupa
09-14-2010, 03:34 PM
There seem to be quite a few little tiny ones around....boy is he cute! I hope he does well for you!

christyf5
09-14-2010, 04:49 PM
He just needed your magic touch Marie :biggrin:

marie
09-14-2010, 08:28 PM
A scooter blenny was never in any plans I've ever had for any of my tanks but I'm am a sucker for a fish in desperate need.

It does make my (and his) life a lot easier knowing he will eat frozen food....although he is going to have to grow a fair bit before he can actually swallow them :lol: