PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Starphire Tank Customers

Bryan
09-22-2001, 01:24 AM
Hello:

Anyone in Canada ordered a Starphire tank. I am in Vancouver and am shopping around for a custom tank. Curious as to what the costs are. I have been quoted 750 to 850 for a 60 x 20 x 23 with Euro bracing and a drilled hole for a tank made locally.

Wondering if it's worth looking into a starphire tank. Shipping costs?

Troy F
09-22-2001, 09:14 AM
There were a few fellows that have recently purchased them on the MOPS BB back east. Do a quick search over there and I'm sure you'll get some answers. I think one of the only negative things I've heard about the starfire tanks is the time it takes to get one.
Here is the link:
MOPS BB (http://www.mops.on.ca/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi)

Reefmaster
09-22-2001, 08:08 PM
i'm curious to know if the price you mentioned is from seastar here in vic or a manufacturer in van. if it is from van you could always see what seastar would charge you. they did a nice job on our custom 135. shane

[ 22 September 2001: Message edited by: Reefmaster ]

Bryan
09-23-2001, 02:08 AM
Yes, I received quotes from SeaStar and Delta. I had a custom Seastar made acouple of years ago and I thought the work was OK. I never did fill it up because it turned out to be too bif fpr the space I wanted to put it in. Long story<g> I called InterAmerican Pet Supply yesterday and they quoted me not much more than the local guys for the same tank including shipping except it would be made with Starphire glass. I might go for it. Down side is I would be looking close to two months before it arrived, theya re swamped with orders. They also offer a 5 year warranty. Seastar offers a 3 year but I have heard they are having troubles and may no be around much longer. Delta only offers a 3 month warranty. Kinda lame.

-=Bryan=-