PDA

View Full Version : 14K vs 20K??

banditpowdercoat
09-12-2010, 07:28 PM
OK, I need new bulbs, but not sure what I want. I have 2 DE 14K Phoenix bulbs and one "14K" Ebay special SE. All are 250W I liked the color od the 14K Phoenix's when compared to the crappy ebay special, but Should I maybe go a 20K SE? Whats XM 20K's like? I think I'll replace the SE this month, and the DE's next month or 2 so I'm not having a huge bulb bill. Anyone know of color comparisom pics? I want just a tad more blie than the 14K's are giving right now, but the 14K's are over a year old too.

Thx in advance

Myka
09-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Why not try the XM 20K SE first? They are very blue. That way you can check out the color by turning the DEs off, and decide whether you want to stay with the Phoenix DEs or have all XM. If the bulbs are close enough to each other and the oddball is in the middle the color should blend ok if you choose different bulbs. Keep in mind you need about a week for the new bulb to burn in, and the color may change a fair bit in that time. I think it might look quite nice with an XM in the middle and Phoenix on either side. Also, the XM 20K have way less PAR than the Phoenix. Do you have any supplemental T5s?

banditpowdercoat
09-12-2010, 09:53 PM
Ya I was hopin maybe someone had some side by each pics LOL