PDA

View Full Version : How to buy ORA mandarin fish in Canada?

eguld
09-12-2010, 05:34 AM
I am trying to buy a mated pair of Ora blue mandarin fish and I live in Vancouver. J and l said they can't get them in because Ora is favoring larger stores in the USA. Anyone have any ideas on how to get them?

Btw took me 45mins to figure out how to post...

Borderjumper
09-12-2010, 05:42 AM
I am trying to buy a mated pair of Ora blue mandarin fish and I live in Vancouver. J and l said they can't get them in because Ora is favoring larger stores in the USA. Anyone have any ideas on how to get them?

Btw took me 45mins to figure out how to post...
Call Progressive Reef in Victoria. They had a couple of greens a few weeks ago and may be able to get you some blues. from what I can tell all the mandys coming in from ORA are young and doubtful if they can even be sexes yet. You will not find a mated pair.

eguld
09-12-2010, 05:45 AM
Call Progressive Reef in Victoria. They had a couple of greens a few weeks ago and may be able to get you some blues. from what I can tell all the mandys coming in from ORA are young and doubtful if they can even be sexes yet. You will not find a mated pair.

Awesome!!!

Thank you I will give them a call tomorrow maybe they will even ship right to me.

Borderjumper
09-12-2010, 06:00 AM
They are closed on Sundays..and yes they ship

eguld
09-12-2010, 06:15 AM
I was so excited I emailed them already. Thanks for the heads up.

rayjay
09-12-2010, 01:26 PM
For those in the east, Hubert at Reef Aquatica had some a while back but I don't know the present status.
http://www.reefaquatica.com/

Llamarama
09-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Got mine at blue world Edmonton a few weeks ago

Myka
09-12-2010, 04:25 PM
You won't be able to get a pair because the supply is so limited. You will be lucky to get one at all!

eguld
09-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Got mine at blue world Edmonton a few weeks ago

What kind did you get and how did it work out? Are they eating?

eguld
09-12-2010, 04:35 PM
You won't be able to get a pair because the supply is so limited. You will be lucky to get one at all!

Yeah I had a feeling that was going to be the case but I am willing to be on a list for a couple months since my rsm 250 (my upgrade tank :) ) still doesn't have rock in it yet.

Llamarama
09-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Only got one because as stated it's really tiny and I have no idea of it's male or female yet. It's still alive so I'm assuming it's eating something wether it's the pellet/frozen combo or the over abundance of pods I have ATM I'm not sure yet