PDA

View Full Version : Koralia sucked fish in, now he's swimming weird...

Sumdood
09-11-2010, 04:37 AM
Hey,
I just found my filefish stuck to the Koralia and nudged him off and now he's gone dark brown in colour and swimming near the bottom looking like he's dying. He was fine an hour ago and has been eating for the last 8 months so pretty sure its because of the powerhead and all the other fish are fine. I've put him alone, anything else I can do to better his chances?
Thanks

Raven34
09-11-2010, 04:57 AM
He might have been on his way out before the powerhead pulled him in.

Sumdood
09-11-2010, 05:03 AM
He was feeding fine this morning on mysis, and I was watching my fish and he was swimming around fine and popped out to get dinner for about 30-40 mins and came back and he was struggling stuck on it.
Anyways he's dead now...

Raven34
09-11-2010, 04:23 PM
Sorry about that, wait awhile and replace him with something else you always wanted to get.

Ron99
09-11-2010, 05:54 PM
I see you edited your post but from what I read earlier the problem is probably the type of filefish you had. They are notoriously difficult to keep in captivity and few people have had success with them. Mysis alone may not be an adequate diet to keep them healthy over the long term. They are a fish best left in the ocean or only attempted by the most experienced hobbyists.

DiverDude
09-11-2010, 09:02 PM
He might have been on his way out before the powerhead pulled him in.

+1 healthy fish won't get pulled in by a powerhead.

Sorry for your loss. :sad: