PDA

View Full Version : Need a 6-line wrasse OUT!

ner'T'
09-09-2010, 01:11 AM
Any ideas how to remove this hell-fish?

It nearly killed my firefish, (I moved it to the sump and it recovered). Today I came home to a dead clown on the floor... Its been chasing and nipping them.

I tried a #22 hook and line and it wont take the bait. Anyone have luck trapping wrasses?

Thanks for any input

ottoman
09-09-2010, 01:23 AM
It is almost impossible to catch with rock-scape in place. I tried to catch goby, you think they are slow swimmer comparing to wrasse, but no luck. I am looking if anyone can lend me a fish trap. Good luck.

eguld
09-09-2010, 01:29 AM

It nearly killed my firefish, (I moved it to the sump and it recovered). Today I came home to a dead clown on the floor... Its been chasing and nipping them.

I tried a #22 hook and line and it wont take the bait. Anyone have luck trapping wrasses?

Thanks for any input

I wish you all the best in getting the wrasse out but you will probably need to remove everything first.

In my 14G biocube the wrasse was the last thing I was able to catch and I only caught him once the tank was empty.

You might want to look carefully to see if anything is stressing the wrasse out, my wrasse acts up only when water quality gets bad or the anemone expands too much and mines in a 14G tank.

banditpowdercoat
09-09-2010, 01:41 AM
Ya I had a checkerboard wrasse, called him Wr******* LOL And he was

ner'T'
09-09-2010, 01:58 AM
hmm...

This isn't very encouraging.

Thanks for the great name, you have coined "Wrassehole 2.0"

apexifd
09-09-2010, 02:03 AM
Luckily my six line hasn't harass anyone yet... But it is only been in the tank for few days...

paddyob
09-09-2010, 02:13 AM
I am glad... that for the last year... my six line and clown pair have lived quite peacefully together in my 20.

Fast fish. HARD to catch. Agree that tank tear down is probably the only chance. Traps might work... but might catch other fish too.

Have fun and good luck!

daniella3d
09-09-2010, 02:41 AM
I don,t know if this will work for you but I have a checkerboard wrasse that was a terror to my other fishes (except my mandarins) and when ever he would not behave I would just shot off the light and he goes in the sand to sleep when ever the light goes off. That way I could punish him and make him go in the sand if he would not behave. He got the message quickly.

If you have sand and if your wrasse like to go hide deep in the sand for the night, this could be a way to cool him down. Of course it is only good if you are there to watch and discipline the fish.

They are wicked fast and intelligent, so hard to catch.

with so many people having a nightmare of a time catching fish, I have no idea why there is no good fish trap yet commercialized.

Thanks for any input

daniella3d
09-09-2010, 02:44 AM
Yours was aggressive too? I was wondering if my checkerboard was behaving normaly as I have read everywhere that they are very peacefull fish, but mine was a little devil before I got the tric of shutting down the light when he's not behaving.

Ya I had a checkerboard wrasse, called him Wr******* LOL And he was

Blackice
09-09-2010, 02:54 AM
I had a Domino Damsel, now there is a PITA fish. Couldn't even put my hand in the tank with out having Domino teeth sunk into it.

I cut the top off a 2 liter clear soda bottle, attached fishing line around the edge in 4 places (comes up straight when you pull it) placed all food inside. Lowered it and let it sit. All other fish would go in and eat EXCEPT the PITA.

I left the bottle in the tank pulled it up and added food during feeding time. Sometimes my Nasso Tang would go in suck up a bunch of food, come out of the bottle and spit it out so the Domino would eat. Couldn't figure this one out as the Nasso was the one getting harrased the most.

After 2 months of nothing I was contemplating tearing down my 180G reef to get the jack*** out. I happend to walk by the tank in time to see the Domino head into the bottle. BAM!! no more Domino.

Good luck!!

Starry
09-09-2010, 04:30 AM
watch to see what rock he sleeps in, then pull out that rock at night. (assuming its not at the bottom) 6 lines sleep in a kind of cocoon generaly in the same place each night.

H22_TURBO
09-09-2010, 04:46 AM
I had to pull my 6line out a week ago. I tried for days to net him with no luck, way too fast. Went out and spent $30-40 on a fish trap put some mysis in it and he was in it within 2 minutes of putting it into the tank(and my pig of a cleaner shrimp lol). I'd never bothered to try or buy one before but man it made it too easy.

good luck:biggrin:

zum14
09-09-2010, 04:51 AM
Mines been good so far *knock on wood* but ive had to get him out of a crab trap and also rescue him from my overflow as well. Might have ok luck with the finding the rock he sleeps in method. He pretty much road that rock when I moved everything over to my new tank.

bvlester
09-09-2010, 05:52 AM
My six-line has been good also but a friends was bad so bad he got sold at the Kamloops frag swap.. He didn't bug all the fish in the tank he was in just a yellow tang, a leopard wrasse and a lawnmower blenny.

Bill

Namnuta
09-09-2010, 09:52 PM
I used a fish trap to get out my Lunare Wrase (Evil bugger). I tried the do it yourself traps (Pop bottles etc) with no luck. I almost hooked him, but then he became aware of the hook. Finally i bought a fish trap for $30 from Wais and i had him (Well my son sprung the trap) that night.