PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever been bit buy your fish ?

damtrees420
09-08-2010, 05:23 PM
had a close call with my porqupine puffer yesterday and was wondering if anyone has got bit buy there fish before and done some damage ? i was lucky i noticed at the last moment or im sure he would have had a taste

sitandwatch
09-08-2010, 05:27 PM
I was bit from once while scuba diving got a little to close to an anenome and out comes its host, bam I am bleeding at 70feet down.

globaldesigns
09-08-2010, 05:27 PM
Yup, by many of them...

I can hand feed most of my fish, when my foxface takes food, he actually will bite onto one of my fingers and won't let go. It doesn't hurt though.

My blue throat trigger is a different story, he sometimes will nip me, if I am working in the tank. NOW THAT HURTS!!!! He has sharp teeth. I always end up cleaning up water, as I fall back, splashing water everywhere.

reefwars
09-08-2010, 05:32 PM
my yellow pocupine has bitten my finger tips numerous times and chomped on my elbow once while fiddling with my light hes got the hardest bite of all the fish ive been bitten by lol ...IMO and has never drawn blood though.my female cinn clown hates me for reasons unknown she bites the soft skin on the back of my arm and leaves red marks .ive never been bitten by my eel but i can guarantee it wouldnt be nice i use to hold my old one in my hand my new one thinks my hand is food lol:) have also been bitten by triggers and damsels lol and spiked by my yellow tang :) this is why all my poisonous fish are sold lol:)

Lance
09-08-2010, 05:51 PM
Many times.
The female Fire Clown gets me quite regularly. My Trigger's bit me twice and the Foxface stung me once.

kevNnic
09-08-2010, 06:03 PM
my spotted goby tries to eat my fingers everytime im in the tank, pretty much attempts to eat anything. lol

lockrookie
09-08-2010, 06:10 PM
my clowns are buggers if i dont wear gloves thy go for flesh iwear gloves they leave me alone..

Vitaminz
09-08-2010, 06:20 PM
My cleaner wrassle will nip at my hair on my arm, doesn't hurt, just gets anoying...lol

Llamarama
09-08-2010, 06:27 PM
my dwarf lion and my green spot puffers bite all the time...finger's aren't food!

globaldesigns
09-08-2010, 06:36 PM
Oh Yeah, what about urchins.

Very painful, took forever to dig out the spine from my hand.

snow1
09-08-2010, 08:08 PM
bit and shocked. by electric eel.

Red Coral Aquariums
09-08-2010, 08:12 PM
Many times.
The female Fire Clown gets me quite regularly.

+1 on the fire clown I've been bit by him more times than I can count.
Kevin
and I'm sure
Doug
Carmen
Lisa

meenamjah
09-08-2010, 09:10 PM
all my fishes are so timid, they run if I even put my hand over the tank... well, except my neon goby... he tries to "clean" my hand almost every time... nips quite hard sometimes, surprising the hell out of me

SeaHorse_Fanatic
09-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Been bitten by several clowns (Maroon, Gold Striped Maroons, and Ocellaris).

Poofie (the Porc. puffer) has also drawn blood when he bit me when I wasn't being careful enough.

Have also been "stung" by a 12" Volitan lionfish (worst pain I've ever experienced in my life). 2 spines full of poison right in the middle finger on my right hand.

On the other hand, I used to hand feed my Snowflake morays, Smooth Horn shark & other fish without incident.

Murminator
09-08-2010, 10:22 PM
Clown got me in the web between my fingers......that hurt so she got "flicked" thought I killed her she did the funny looping death swim but she recovered and learned the lesson don't bite the hand that feeds you

intarsiabox
09-09-2010, 01:15 AM
I guess my clowns are no more violent than anyone elses. Mine will ceaselessly attack me when I'm adding corals or doing any type of in tank maintenance. I found that if I place a fishnet in the tank when my hands are in it the clowns will hide and leave me alone.

Wayne
09-09-2010, 03:50 AM
I hand feed my freshwater pea puffer and he bites me every day. Too small to do damage but its funny. My cleaner shimp climbs on my and cleans my hands when I do maintaince, feels weird.

hound96
09-09-2010, 07:02 AM
my foxface grabs my fingers when i feed kinda feels wierd

wickedfrags
09-09-2010, 02:55 PM
my crosshatch triggers could draw blood if I was not paying attention....did not please me, otherwise great fish.

AHHope
09-09-2010, 03:52 PM
all i have is one word...barracuda...if you even stick your finger in the tank the wrong way youll end up with a large slice down your finger. I cant imagine what i havent been bit by at work but the barracuda takes the cake even over show sized clown triggers, morays and even most sharks. Id even rather pick up a tokay gecko than get bit by my cuda.

untamed
09-10-2010, 05:15 AM
my foxface grabs my fingers when i feed kinda feels wierd

Ha..my foxface is the one fish that I watch when I put my hand in there. (you know they are venomous, eh?)

My Blue Thoat trigger (the one that now lives at the Vancouver Aquarium) got me a few times and my friends a few times. He was very aggressive and drew blood every time.

...and the urchins got me a few times.

hound96
09-10-2010, 06:11 AM
yeah i know but it doesn't try to sting me like some do it just gets greedy and cant wait for the food

justinl
09-10-2010, 07:30 PM
None of my fish have ever done more than give me the occasional love-bite, but I've been smacked by my 5" peacock mantis shrimp (O. scyllarus). my finger went numb for half an hour and I suspect those were just warning shots. I don't doubt it could break my finger if it wanted to. Needless to say, I'm much more alert if I'm ever aquascaping these days.

whatcaneyedo
09-10-2010, 11:53 PM
My tomato clown is a very territorial little fish. She bites my fingers any time I get too close to her anemone. She has also bit the pectoral fins short on a volitan lionfish and has taken a bite out of the tail fin of a copper banded butterfly.

68shelby
09-11-2010, 04:30 PM
In my tank.my female clown always bites me if I get to close.
In the wild I have been bitten on the forearm and have had my nipple mistaken for food while feeding fish. Stepped on a stingray got stung in the ankle worse pain I have ever felt. Kicked a urchin with my heel and spend the next week trying to pick the quills out of my heel, they dont really hurt though, they look a lot worse than they are.