PDA

View Full Version : Meetings-get togethers

xblade
09-06-2010, 07:42 PM
I see there are loads of reefers in calgary..
Just wondering if any meetings ever happen.
I would be interested big time.
Anyone else?

On a side note-If anyone needs a pleated skirt for their 90 gal-120 gal
metal stand,I have 1 for free. :)

bryceschutte
09-07-2010, 04:59 PM
We have tried a few times to get a meet together. I think the main thing is a meeting place.

Do you have a picture of your skirt?

Wingin It
09-07-2010, 05:37 PM
Do we want to do a tank tour meeting, or just meet? or even better, come to the CAS Meeting on Sept 13th and have some snacks and mingle! lol If you become a member you can sell at the upcoming auction on October 3rd! lol sorry, had to try. ;)

kien
09-07-2010, 06:59 PM
We have tried a few times to get a meet together. I think the main thing is a meeting place.

Do you have a picture of your skirt?

Wait a sec.. didn't you offer up your place for meetings? :-)

bryceschutte
09-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Yes I offered my place but some people felt like there had to alcohol and I don't drink. Something about drinking like a fish? Ha ha.

I say tank tour! I will feel completely inadequate by the end of it but I'm ok with that.

DiverDude
09-07-2010, 08:30 PM
There have been a number of dicussions on this topic for the Calgary area. Here is a brief summary (in no particular order) of the issues/concerns:

-Consensus was that while 'tank tours' are not a bad idea, a public meeting place would be best for establishing a regular meeting.

-A good location is a problem. The best suggestion thus far is the Boston Pizza in the Cosco parking lot off Heritage (i.e Deerfoot Meadows). This meets the basic crtieria: Reasonably central, big enough to accommodate a good sized group, does not require reservations or advanced notice, has food, has BEER

-No one has been willing to step up and declare a date and start the ball rolling to get people to actually show up.

Frankly, I think if you were to declare a date, make the location the BP mentioned above and then started a thread for people to RSVP to, it'd just happen. People who could make it would go, those who couldn't won't. If you're the one to start, you get to pick the date !

kien
09-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Frankly, I think if you were to declare a date, make the location the BP mentioned above and then started a thread for people to RSVP to, it'd just happen. People who could make it would go, those who couldn't won't. If you're the one to start, you get to pick the date !

The funny (or rather tragic) thing is that this is what everyone keeps saying..:lol:

trinac
09-07-2010, 10:04 PM
I'll be the brave one and decide on a date! I like those BP spicy potato thingys!

DiverDude
09-07-2010, 10:36 PM
The funny (or rather tragic) thing is that this is what everyone keeps saying..:lol:

I hear ya !

My problem is that I work until 7 or 8pm each night so I couldn't get all the way down there until ~7:45 or 8:45 -ish. Now, that's my problem but the guy running the show should be there for the beginning, I'm thinking !

kien
09-07-2010, 10:39 PM
I hear ya !

the guy running the show should be there for the beginning, I'm thinking !

Or gal ;-)

EmilyB
09-08-2010, 05:47 AM
Makes me miss the good old days, lots of drinking and reefers sleeping over.....:lol::razz::wink: Too many dogs now, and too few tanks.....

bulletsworld
09-16-2010, 10:00 AM
Makes me miss the good old days, lots of drinking and reefers sleeping over.....:lol::razz::wink: Too many dogs now, and too few tanks.....

I know hey! When I lived in Edmonton I used to car pool up with a bunch of reefers just to go to the kick ass Calgary meets. One person would host at their place. BBQ, food, bring your own drinks. There was a ton of people that would show and vendors would give out big prizes, gift certificates, frags, equipment. I remember I won a $100 gift certificate to Golds Aquarium and a $300 pump. There was always the best frag, invert sells from everyone and you felt like you were at an underground auction or part of an elite group. I think of it often too...I miss the old days. :sad: