PDA

View Full Version : What corals can get along ?

jarrid
09-06-2010, 07:33 PM
I have some corals in my tank and am wondering which ones can touch eachother without killing eachother. I have hammer corals, octocorals kenya trees, trumpet corals, cauliflower and bubbles. I know the bubbles cant touch anything, but what about the octocorals and hammers ? Or hammers and trumpet ? Any help would be greatly apreciated.:lol:

christyf5
09-06-2010, 07:35 PM
I wouldn't let any of those touch each other. Kenya trees are relatively safe but sometimes they can put out some wicked chemicals that will affect nearby corals without even touching them.

ottoman
09-06-2010, 07:45 PM
In general, I don't place any coral close to each other. As they grow, they will fight for the their space naturally.

Wayne
09-06-2010, 09:29 PM
In general, I don't place any coral close to each other. As they grow, they will fight for the their space naturally.

I agree, most corals are dangerous to other in some way or another. Some like GSP out grow other slow growing ones, toadstools will let out toxins if threatened and some just sting... I found my cabbage coral to be peaceful, i don't believe mushrooms are too aggressive and my candy cane coral (LPS) is more peaceful.

othicx
09-07-2010, 03:42 AM
how about hammer and frogspawn?

christyf5
09-07-2010, 01:53 PM
They usually don't like each other but might be more tolerant as they are the same genus. I do remember someone saying "clones" of corals are tolerant to each other but I can't remember if the same genus is. I would imagine they aren't.