PDA

View Full Version : Additives suggestions

Sean
09-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Hey Everyone me again to get some feed back on what people are adding to their systems. I recently found the little sample packs that come with my redsea test kits. So what brands do you guys use, what kinds do you like adding and what ones do you stay away from? I was thinking of sticking with redsea but figured id get some feed back before I went out and paid for it ;)

Atomikk
09-02-2010, 11:38 PM
The best additives are found in your salt mixes. :) Nothing beats water changes. Anything else is just extra. Now, sometimes you will need to buffer your water with things, but normally its all there in your salts.

whatcaneyedo
09-03-2010, 12:34 AM
Magnesium salts, the output from my calcium reactor, kalkwasser saturated water and water changes. Thats all I add.

naesco
09-03-2010, 01:31 AM
The best additives are found in your salt mixes. :) Nothing beats water changes. Anything else is just extra. Now, sometimes you will need to buffer your water with things, but normally its all there in your salts.

+1 Save your money to buy more coral and fish.

intarsiabox
09-03-2010, 04:36 AM
You shouldn't put in any additives unless you've tested for it and it shows that it is deficient. Unless your corals look unhealthy or your tank is stuffed full of calcium absorbing organisms then regular water changes is the best way to go.

Sean
09-03-2010, 09:05 PM
Sounds good, ill save up for that RO unit to save me from carrying a giant bottle of water from the store. That way water change will be an easier task and happen more often.