PDA

View Full Version : predator

psuedo
11-26-2003, 01:27 PM
I have been losing some small fish and shrimp lately, as to whom I was baffled. I was blaming it on the arrow crab before, but now even he is gone. When I turned on the light this morning I caught the saron shrimp with someting between its legs. It looked like it had a red tail. 2 minutes later I caught him sneaking up on my most recent percula purchase, but I put my net in to chase him away.
I did not think this possible. I have had him for over a year now and he has had good growth. Only lately have I noticed the fish and inverts disappear. Why did this happen?? Is it possible he got his first taste of blood and went crazy

Other than take my reef apart, how would I remove him from the tank?

chicki
11-26-2003, 01:38 PM
I'd imagine that a shrimp trap would work well to catch him. I know Big Al sells them.

Marj
11-26-2003, 09:16 PM
A trap could be the answer. For me I wait until the lights have been off for a good length of time, then use a flashlight to locate and have your net ready. Good Luck

Marj

Delphinus
11-26-2003, 09:44 PM
Hi Marj, Welcome to Canreef! :biggrin:

psuedo
11-26-2003, 10:26 PM
net won't work, as they are lightning fast. The trap may just work. What would I use to entice it. Maybe a picture of a hurt fish

Bob I
11-27-2003, 01:39 AM
I have something called the Ultralife Xterminator. It is a shrimp and Mantis trap. You have to put in some bait. MOPS sells them. :biggrin: