PDA

View Full Version : More Zeovit questions

Milad
08-31-2010, 06:06 PM
So Im thinking of doing a mini zeovit dosing schedule since i love the results after coral snow dosing. And i have some questions

Coral snow - from my understanding I mix this with all the other additives before i dose? i can do it separate but with coral snow its better for the corals from what i hear. is that right?

Coral vitilizar - mix with coral snow?

Sponge power - mix with coral snow? I have no sponges, does this still help? whats the benefits?

Amino acids - There is one for fish, one for LPS and one that is concentrated. which should i be dosing? can i dose one of each? mix with coral snow?

anything else i should? Im trying to keep it cheap but effective. if someone is an expert on this stuff, if you can rank them on what i should really get and what i should think about, that would be great!

parkinsn
08-31-2010, 10:20 PM
Coral snow - from my understanding I mix this with all the other additives before i dose? No, dose in sump by return pump i can do it separate but with coral snow its better for the corals from what i hear. is that right? Not really

Coral vitilizar - mix with coral snow? No, dose in DT

Sponge power - mix with coral snow? No, dose in DT I have no sponges, does this still help? yes, its good for filter feeder's, clams etc. Dose in DT

Amino acids - There is one for fish, goes in the food one for LPS and one that is concentrated. which should i be dosing? do you have LPS that your concerned about? can i dose one of each? Dose light with AA's in DT mix with coral snow? No

anything else i should? Im trying to keep it cheap but effective. if someone is an expert on this stuff, if you can rank them on what i should really get and what i should think about, that would be great!

The only thing you should be mixing with CS is Bak and zyme. You can mix but there is no benifit that I know of. I would join zeovit.com and give the hand book a good read and post on there. (its for the whole system but it has lots of good info)

As for ranking;

1) CS
2) Bak (keep in the fridge)
2) SP
3) CV (keep in the fridge)
4) AA

fishytime
09-01-2010, 11:41 PM
you can mix the CV,AA and SP with Coral snow......mix and let sit for a few
Scott the coral snow acts as a binding agent.....the foods bind with the coral snow making it easier for the corals to assimilate (zeos words not mine:wink:)

Rogue951
09-02-2010, 01:32 AM
I bought the 4 bottle mini pack from JL's and it's perfect for my 40 gallon cause the dose is approx 1 drop per 40 gallon.
it's been about a month now, dunno if I really notice anything. I could be expecting too much.
my xenia is growing like a damn weed though. need to cut some of it off. it's gone crazy.

Milad
09-02-2010, 02:24 AM
well so far the biggest different ive seen is in the coral snow, that made a night and day difference in my tank. i just picked up some CV, BAK and SP so ill see how it goes

BlueTang<3
09-02-2010, 04:04 AM
Just remember less is more, zeo can be you friend or enemy. Start slow and figure out a regime for yourself or you could get some nasty algae.