PDA

View Full Version : Zoos for whatever.

Bob I
11-26-2003, 01:12 AM
My first coral was a zoo rock for which one of local shops charged me $80.00. This continues to grow at a goodly rate. The color is basically fluorescent green tentacles on a Dark maroon field with a greenish center. However, under my CSL actinic the tentacles are fluorescent orange. Right now I have two four inch rocks available. These rocks can be split. The mother colony can also be split up. Some could also be scraped from rocks they have grown onto. As can readily be seen there are lots available. I have sold some to local people, so this $80.00 rock is becoming less expensive. :mrgreen: :exclaim: :biggrin:
http://members.shaw.ca/rcipema/Z001.jpg
Here is a picture of one of the rocks that is for sale. It is under actinic light. My eye saw fluorescent orange, but my camera did no see it that way. :frown:
http://members.shaw.ca/rcipema/Z002.jpg

The mother colony with offspring to the left.

http://members.shaw.ca/rcipema/Z003.jpg

Another attempt under actinic light.. It obviously did not work. See Alan's picture below. Once again he did much better :frown: , Thanks aAan

TANGOMAN
11-26-2003, 02:26 AM
Send me a note regarding costs there boB...
I phoned the people at Webster and they were unable to define the word "goodly" ? Is this perhaps a spelling error ? Perhaps a result of your lack of interest in school, way back when... :lol:.
Isn't there an a in fluorescent ?

Tau2301
11-26-2003, 02:36 AM
You spelt (rhymes with smelt) his name backwards again...

What are Zoos? :biggrin:

mr_alberta
11-26-2003, 04:41 AM
Got pics? What are you looking to get for them? Cash or frags?

mnoll406
11-26-2003, 06:27 AM
Hey Bob,
Would be interested in a small colony, ie. 10 polyps.

Mike

PS what type of lighting do they like? I've had one colony get really pale. Just moved it to a shadier area and see what happens.

Bob I
11-26-2003, 03:53 PM
Send me a note regarding costs there boB...
I phoned the people at Webster and they were unable to define the word "goodly" ? Is this perhaps a spelling error ? Perhaps a result of your lack of interest in school, way back when... :lol:.

Doug, Doug, Doug, You have to do better if you want to catch me out. :mrgreen: I refer you to page 460 of the Oxford Concise Dictionary

Isn't there an a in fluorescent ?

NO, and as far as price goes, I thought you got some of those zoos of me before :question: :question:

I will try to post some pictures of the colors under different lighting in a short while, and they will cost $20.00 if you want the bigger rock, and $10.00 if I have to split them depending on demand. That is fair I think. :cool:

Bob I
11-26-2003, 03:56 PM
Got pics? What are you looking to get for them? Cash or frags?

I will post pics in an hour or so. As I said in another post, I need a couple of frags of Green, or blue acro :biggrin:

Bob I
11-26-2003, 03:58 PM
Hey Bob,
Would be interested in a small colony, ie. 10 polyps.

Mike

PS what type of lighting do they like? I've had one colony get really pale. Just moved it to a shadier area and see what happens.

Mike, they have been under all kinds of lighting during the two or more years I have had them. Nothing seems to matter, they continue to spread. :eek:

AJ_77
11-26-2003, 04:05 PM
Here are some under "evening" lighting:

http://members.shaw.ca/reefs/actinic_zoos.jpg

TANGOMAN
11-26-2003, 04:24 PM
I would like to request a $10.00 piece. Please. :smile: I didn't get any before. Must have been some other good lookin' bald guy... :rolleyes: .
I don't got that Oxford dictinary so I can't confirm that word..."catch me out..." What kind of sentence is that ? Oxford again ?

Bob I
11-26-2003, 04:36 PM
I don't got that Oxford dictinary so I can't confirm that word..."catch me out..." What kind of sentence is that ? Oxford again ?

No, that is "poetic license" , and $10.00 piece should not be a problem even if we have to scrape some off a rock. :biggrin:

Jim Barry
11-26-2003, 05:17 PM
Hi Alan,

I will take one at $10.....

Also if anyone else has any frags they can spare, (free or cheap) it would be greatly appreciated.....I blew the budget setting the tank up.

Jim..

PS... how's my speeling and grammer :lol:

Jim Barry
11-26-2003, 05:19 PM
Sorry Bob,

I thought it was Alan selling this..

Jim

Bob I
11-26-2003, 05:24 PM
Sorry Bob,

I thought it was Alan selling this..

Jim

Fine, but does that mean you want some, or does it mean you only want it if Alan sells it :question: :mrgreen:

AJ_77
11-26-2003, 07:25 PM
I will be happy to accept payment for Bob's zoos, as I have spent valuable time and energy to promote them.

:mrgreen:

(Make sure you give Jim a nice piece, Bob. :wink: Bigger than what you get mail-order, anyways...)

Lofus
11-26-2003, 10:49 PM
Bob,

I'll take a small piece for $10.

Jim

incoma
11-26-2003, 11:03 PM
Bob I am interested in a piece. I pmed you a bit ago

Bob I
11-27-2003, 01:13 AM
To all who want some. I can accommodate all of you. As nobody wants to spend the big bucks on the larger pieces :cry: , I will split those. I reckon the small pieces will still have around 50 polyps each. I get home daily at around seven PM, and live at 202-Storybook Terrace in the NW. If the weekdays are not good send me a PM, and we will set something up for the weekend. :biggrin:

kuatto
11-27-2003, 01:51 AM
Hey Bob,I'd gladly give you $20 for a big piece,I just have no way of getting it :frown:

Jim

AJ_77
11-27-2003, 04:36 AM
To all who want some. I can accommodate all of you. As nobody wants to spend the big bucks on the larger pieces :cry: , I will split those. I reckon the small pieces will still have around 50 polyps each. I get home daily at around seven PM, and live at 202-Storybook Terrace in the NW. If the weekdays are not good send me a PM, and we will set something up for the weekend. :biggrin:
:question:
Which pieces are the "big dollar" ones? And what kind of dollars are we talking?

Geez, don't cry...
:confused:

:wink:

Bob I
11-27-2003, 03:07 PM
Well Alan I posted two bigger $20.00 pieces (one is pictured), and it would have been easier to sell those and be done with it.(one is spoken for) However, due to high demand I have to come up with smaller pieces. In order to do that I will have to break up the original colony, which is no big deal . BTW that picture you posted is awesome. You say that is not a big ticket camera :question:

kuatto
11-27-2003, 10:55 PM
you got a pm :biggrin:

Wetback
11-30-2003, 12:26 AM
Hello Bob...Do you happen to have any more zoos for sale?????If so please advise and we will p/u asap if you do Tks Tina :smile:

Bob I
11-30-2003, 12:39 AM
Hello Bob...Do you happen to have any more zoos for sale?????If so please advise and we will p/u asap if you do Tks Tina :smile:

I have just made a couple more frags, so one way or another i can accommodate everyone. :eek:

DiscusZ
11-30-2003, 06:35 AM
Nice meeting you today Bob, thanks for the Zoo's

incoma
12-01-2003, 11:14 PM
Great zoos when the next colour coming I want more.
Uh oh I think I m addicted

kuatto
12-06-2003, 04:15 AM
Bob
Al dropped off my zoos today,they're just starting to open under the mh lighting,they look great(they glow under the actinic)
Thanks again :biggrin: let me know when you have other colors for sale.

Jim

Bob I
12-06-2003, 04:50 AM
You got the biggest piece i hope you will be happy :biggrin:

mnoll406
12-09-2003, 04:03 AM
Hey Bob,
Anymore Zoo's available?

Mike

Bob I
12-09-2003, 03:39 PM
Hey Bob,
Anymore Zoo's available?

Mike

Yes there are, as some people who asked never did complete the tranaction. There is also another color available. It is not very exciting under my current lighting, but does look nice under MH. :biggrin: :eek: