PDA

View Full Version : ZEOvit additives What and how much?

Buzz
08-30-2010, 03:57 PM
I've never dealt with anything Zeo and I have been reading alot of people using certain additives. I was just wondering what everyone is using and how much per volume? Also if you could give a brief description of what each additive has achieved in your system.

Thanks Dustin L

Ryanst
08-30-2010, 05:10 PM
I dont know if you found this online or not but here if a general zeovit guide. It is a bit old and there is some new products that it doesnt mention. www.korallen-zucht.de/files/zeoguide_103_english-1.pdf

globaldesigns
08-30-2010, 05:14 PM
There is a zeovit forum, can't really give that here, don't know if I would get in trouble. HEHE... but I think you can figure that one out.

I would talk to the Zeo Guru's there, they are very informative.

Blue World Aquariums
08-30-2010, 06:14 PM
I don't use the actual zeolite as I find it a bit high maintenance for me. I use the biopellets for nutrient reduction. Coral Vitalizer is the best product I have ever put in my tank. It seems to benefit everything and I get very impressive responses from my LPS (constant feeding tentacles). I also use Amino Acids (increased growth), Pohl's Xtra (increased SPS color), Sponge Power (great growth of sponges and tunicates in my sump which has greatly improved water clarity), and Potassium Iodide Fluoride (enhances blues and purples in SPS). I follow the bottle dosage instructions on all of them and have had no issues.

Can you tell us what corals you keep and your current nitrate and phosphate levels?

christyf5
08-30-2010, 07:02 PM
+1 on the coral vitalizer. I also love coral snow. I would try zeovit.com for dosing levels once you get your regimen figured out :biggrin: But then come back here because we're way cooler :cool: :razz:

Buzz
08-30-2010, 08:35 PM
I am thinking of trying some additives only on my 33G it's mix lotz of zoo's and some LPS (couple acans, Galaxia coral and some monti's). I'm running a TLF reactor with NPX pellets I have no problems with nitrates or phosphates. I was just wondering what people are using and what results they have noticed. I'm not wanting to run full blown zeolites in a reactor (too much headache).

Thanks for all the replies.

Blue World Aquariums
08-31-2010, 01:11 AM
Try Coral Vitalizer and Amino Acids LPS or Amino Acids. Coral Snow and Sponge power would also be worthwhile. As long as your nutrients are low like they are, you shouldn't have any issue following the manufacturer's recommended dosage.

Madreefer
08-31-2010, 01:17 AM
I was told to use about a 1/4 amount than what is recommended on the bottle. I used to get a patch of cyano after every dose. But since I followed the advice i've had no more problems.

globaldesigns
08-31-2010, 04:27 PM
I was told to use about a 1/4 amount than what is recommended on the bottle. I used to get a patch of cyano after every dose. But since I followed the advice i've had no more problems.

+1, I found that if you dosed the recommended, it was too much. I personally go with approx. 70% of what the recommendation is.

Blue World Aquariums
08-31-2010, 06:09 PM
Yeah, I suppose it's a better idea to start with a 1/2 or even 1/4 dosage. I would try to ramp it up though as long as you don't experience any cyano or algae issues. Personally I am using the full dosage of Vitalizer, Sponge Power, and Amino Acids on 3 systems with no issues and dramatic positive effects. I personally think it's important to achieve and maintain very low nutrients before and while using any coral foods or amino acids or you're asking for algae and cyano. Just my opinion.

Buzz
08-31-2010, 08:12 PM
Thanks again for the replies. Next time I'm in cowtown or Lethbridge I think I'll pick up some small bottles and give it a try.