PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Calgary have a blue, or green Acro frag to sell?

Bob I
11-26-2003, 01:00 AM
Here's why. I was having a discussion with Sumpinfishy on lighting which did not use MH. He advised me to get a blue, or green acro frag to try with my lighting. Can anyone locally sell me some :question: I would like to try one in my nano also. Right now there is a M.digitata in there with pink tips. It does great. :eek:

Quinn
11-26-2003, 01:14 AM
Bob, the comma after "blue" is superfluous. :mrgreen:

Canadian Man
11-26-2003, 01:21 AM
I have green montipora Bob. The blue acro I have is not ready to frag.

monza
11-26-2003, 03:17 AM
The comma policeman gets busted!

Bad Bob! I did have to look up superfluous and still can't say it.

Sorry Bob, I have no blue or green acros for ya or you could have one. Need any mushrooms or polyps they come with live rock and I have a superfluous amount?

Dave
Really I like my bare bottom.

Buccaneer
11-26-2003, 03:27 AM
Bob ... is this the same tank that Don E says he saw a shot of and it was in natural sunlight part of the day ?

http://www.canreef.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6873

Cheers

AJ_77
11-26-2003, 04:08 AM
If you click on Bob's WWW, you'll see that it's his 50 gal that is in the sun.

"I use Deep Sand Beds for Nitrate to Nitrogen conversion." - Bob Ipema (from his website)

Bob I
11-26-2003, 04:03 PM
Bob, the comma after "blue" is superfluous. :mrgreen:

You may be right, but I remember being instructed to use a comma after "or", and "and", and before "which" However, if you like it better, I will no longer use one. :lol:

Now I have to go and buy "Strunk and White" :frown:

Bob I
11-26-2003, 04:07 PM
I hope you guys realise that you are helping me in my quest for 2000 posts :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lilangel:

Quinn
11-26-2003, 04:55 PM
Come on Bob, that's like the supposed "I before E except after C" rule. :razz:

Bob I
11-26-2003, 04:58 PM
Come on Bob, that's like the supposed "I before E except after C" rule. :razz:

No, it has something to do with setting off clauses. I can't remember, now my head hurts. :razz:

Dorkel Marine 1
11-27-2003, 03:39 AM
Shucks if I keep reading your guysus posts I can get a degree in grammar I'm sure.

bubble bubble bubble bubble-tip 'doh' I'll get it right, TeeVEE, honest I will

George :biggrin:

Dorkel Marine 1
11-27-2003, 03:41 AM
Bye the way what are some of the better hard corals that will grow well in about 4-5 watts per gal.

George

AJ_77
11-27-2003, 04:33 AM
That's a whole other thread, George! :biggrin:

(Try the "Reef" forum, over yonder...) :mrgreen:

I think what Bob is looking for would do OK though.
Maybe... :confused:

Bob I
11-27-2003, 03:24 PM
Bye the way what are some of the better hard corals that will grow well in about 4-5 watts per gal.

George

George it is impossible nowadays to safely use that watts per gallon measurement. That measurement was intended for NO fluorescent tubes. PC's put out at least twice the light of NO fluorescents, and MH is even higher.
:eek:

Dorkel Marine 1
11-27-2003, 04:28 PM
Your right Bob. I'll mention what size my tank is and how many watts from now on.

George

Bob I
11-29-2003, 11:28 PM
I appreciate your offer Jonny. The only problem is having to pack a lunch to get to your place :biggrin: I don't know if digitata is a good test. The one I have in there is growing fast, and I will be doubling the light in the tank in a week or so. Having said that, I think some acro would do well. So please guys, there has to be a bit of acro I can buy :exclaim: :exclaim: After this weekend's zoo sale I can afford some. :mrgreen: :multi: :silly:

DiscusZ
11-30-2003, 06:32 AM
The Zoo looks great in my Tank Bob, Thanks.. I stopped at Big Al's after I left your place and everything that came in was still climatizing so did not get any cowries, but I did pick up some Yellow Polups (sp) which also has a different kind on it as well.. got a 2 for 1 deal, plus there was a hidden snail on there as well so I for a 3fer :biggrin: + 15% off was only $22

Bob I
11-30-2003, 04:03 PM
The Zoo looks great in my Tank Bob, Thanks.. I stopped at Big Al's after I left your place and everything that came in was still climatizing so did not get any cowries, but I did pick up some Yellow Polups (sp) which also has a different kind on it as well.. got a 2 for 1 deal, plus there was a hidden snail on there as well so I for a 3fer :biggrin: + 15% off was only $22

Better do a search on the snail, as you may not want it. There is a snail that is predatory on zoanthids. I found a couple once in the same zoos you got from me. I got rid of them quickly. :eek:

mnoll406
12-17-2003, 08:16 PM
Hey Bob,
Have neon green hydnaphora, and light green/blue acro.

Mike

Bob I
12-20-2003, 08:49 PM
Hey Bob,
Have neon green hydnaphora, and light green/blue acro.

Mike

Thanks for the offer. I have picked up some Hynophora, staghorn, and digitata from Tony. I am just playing with lighting, so it should be enough. :biggrin: