PDA

View Full Version : Who likes working with wood, cost to build me a canopy?

banditpowdercoat
08-29-2010, 03:09 PM
I basically suck at working with wood. I don't have the patience. I can work with metal just fine, but wood well I have issues sometimes. So, I want a canopy to house gthe 3 250W MH and add some T5's or LED strips. I was thinking a simple flip top like in post # 10 here http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1879808&highlight=canopy+plans

I could build the canopy if I really have to, it won't be nearly as pretty LOL. My main thing is the door's. I can't build those for sure. Anyone in BC like working with wood? How much would a canopy like that cost to have built? It's a 60" x24"x24" tank Lights about 10" off water, maybe a little more? 15" total canopy height maybe?

whatcaneyedo
08-29-2010, 04:25 PM
Later in the winter when I'll no doubt be out of work I could probably take it on. A cabinet shop could build it for you too. Minimually you'll want to get one to build the doors if you want really nice ones like what are in the link.

StirCrazy
08-29-2010, 04:30 PM
Doors can be easy, go to a re-store and see what they have for doors and if any will fit for what you want. the other option is to go to a kitchen place and ask if they have any spare doors. I got mine for 5 bucks each this way. then build the ret to match the doors you buy.

Steve

monocus
08-30-2010, 06:32 AM
i can build you anything you want-price depends on the material you want it made of.i usually charge the same as the material-so if your material is $100 then the canopy would be $200