PDA

View Full Version : Coral Rx - Who's using it?

Myka
08-26-2010, 05:13 AM
Seems to be a fairly new product, and as usual I am very skeptical. :D I am wondering everyone's experiences with this product. I read some/all deepwater Acropora seem to be sensitive to it...that's about all I've really read on it.

Does it do what it says it does? AEFW? Monti nudibranchs? Zoa nudibranchs? Does it work better than TMCC or Revive? Has anyone used Coral Rx with Interceptor at the same time? Results?

I'm kinda p***ed off at my TMCC lately. TMCC has dropped the ball on me too many times now. I have also had bad, bad, bad experiences putting TMCC and Interceptor together...corals like? Not so much. :lol:

Red Coral Aquariums
08-26-2010, 06:17 AM
Seems to be a fairly new product, and as usual I am very skeptical. :D I am wondering everyone's experiences with this product. I read some/all deepwater Acropora seem to be sensitive to it...that's about all I've really read on it.

*** works excellent Very strong though you have to follow time and dosage correctly.

Does it do what it says it does? AEFW? Monti nudibranchs? Zoa nudibranchs? Does it work better than TMCC or Revive? Has anyone used Coral Rx with Interceptor at the same time? Results?

*** Great results on above but I still dip with interceptor at the same time

I'm kinda p***ed off at my TMCC lately. TMCC has dropped the ball on me too many times now. I have also had bad, bad, bad experiences putting TMCC and Interceptor together...corals like? Not so much. :lol:

Kevin

Myka
08-26-2010, 06:42 AM
Thanks Kevin! No issues with Interceptor mixed in with the Coral Rx? I tend to use Interceptor for at least an hour first, then add another dip to it. Albeit I don't suggest the use of an iodine dip with Interceptor - bad things happen.

kat
08-26-2010, 12:17 PM
I use it on all new corals...soft, lps, sps, and have now started to use it for bryopsis

Myka
08-26-2010, 05:19 PM
I use it on all new corals...soft, lps, sps, and have now started to use it for bryopsis

Are you dipping Bryopsis covered rocks? Does it work?

mseepman
08-26-2010, 07:01 PM
How much is it Kevin...I don't see it on your website?

ScubaSteve
08-26-2010, 08:05 PM
I'm considering picking some up this weekend myself. I've got somehting weird going on with my SPS that I need to tackle.

kat
08-26-2010, 08:22 PM
I am taking any corals or rocks that can be removed from the tank and doing 10-15 minute baths, then fresh saltwater rinse and back in the tank...you can do this every 2-3 days according to the website...so I am giving it a shot....can't hurt to try. The site specifically talks about using it for bryopsis....

TRS
08-26-2010, 08:30 PM
Coral Rx...Great product!!! We have a few of the larger bottles in stock and more of the Coral RX One Shot arriving today or tomorrow.

How to use CoralRx One Shot:

Step 1 - Pore one gallon of water from your aquarium into a bowl or bucket.
Step 2 - Add the whole vial of CoralRx One Shot to the bowl or bucket.
Step 3 - Shake you coral in CoralRx solution for five to ten minutes.
Step 4 - Rinse with clean saltwater and return to tank.