PDA

View Full Version : Couple of items I can't find: where to find in Vancouver or by Canadian mail order

trilinearmipmap
08-25-2010, 04:57 PM
Looking for silicone O-ring lubricant. I have read that you can get it in scuba stores or watch repair places, not sure which is the right stuff to get.

Also I'm looking for battery-powered air pumps. Preferably something that would automatically turn on if there is a power outage.

Slick Fork
08-25-2010, 05:59 PM
I don't know if this helps... probably depends on the application but I just installed a water softener and the manual said that vegetable oil was a suitable substitution for o-ring lubricant.

Check J&L for the battery bubbler, I'm almost positive I've seen one on their site before

Veng68
08-25-2010, 07:34 PM
Mops has the auto on air pump
http://www.aquariumsupplies.ca/silent-autoon-battery-operated-pump-p-79.html

Cheers,
Vic

SeaHorse_Fanatic
08-25-2010, 08:25 PM
King Ed's Pet Center in Burnaby sells the battery operated air pumps. Don't think they turn on automatically when power fails though.

pinhead
08-25-2010, 08:51 PM
I picked up an Air Pump at Petsmart. Turns on and runs on batteries when the power goes off.

It is a Penn-Plax Silent Air B11. I think it was only around $11 a few years ago but it looks like Bigals online sells it for $34

Myka
08-25-2010, 09:33 PM
It is a Penn-Plax Silent Air B11. I think it was only around $11 a few years ago but it looks like Bigals online sells it for $34

I picked up the same one at Petsmart for $20. Works well.

Lance
08-25-2010, 09:47 PM
J&L used to have both kinds. The standard one and the one that goes on automatically when the power goes off.

Gooly001
08-25-2010, 09:47 PM
Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.amazon.com/Pentair-Aquatics-Lifegard-Silicone-Lubricant/dp/B001EHGDSQ

We have half a bottle at the store for store use. If you want, you can mail us your O-ring and I'll relube it for you N/C and mail it back.

Thanks

Paul

Looking for silicone O-ring lubricant. I have read that you can get it in scuba stores or watch repair places, not sure which is the right stuff to get.

Also I'm looking for battery-powered air pumps. Preferably something that would automatically turn on if there is a power outage.

lastlight
08-25-2010, 09:57 PM
If you want, you can mail us your O-ring and I'll relube it for you N/C and mail it back.

To the non-reefer that sounds like a dirty favour of sorts when in fact it's a very generous offer lol.

Milad
08-25-2010, 10:45 PM
Paul is so kind and offers to lube things up all the time!

burrows14
08-25-2010, 11:01 PM
Most pool and spa stores should have the lube your lookin for. In PG I think theres erics world of leisure and tropical pools if they dont have it let me know and ill pick some up at work and mail t to you.

trilinearmipmap
08-25-2010, 11:11 PM
I picked up the same one at Petsmart for $20. Works well.

Thanks. How many of these would it take to provide life support for a 120 gallon tank?

Doug
08-26-2010, 12:12 AM
Lifeguard sells the best O ring lubricant I have used. Not sure who sells it now. Euroreef sent me mine. I would guess where ever Lifeguard filtration systems are sold.

burrows14
08-26-2010, 12:39 AM
Lifeguard sells the best O ring lubricant I have used. Not sure who sells it now. Euroreef sent me mine. I would guess where ever Lifeguard filtration systems are sold.

J&L carries lifeguard silicone and so should the pool stores