PDA

View Full Version : which goby should I buy

Reef-Geek
08-24-2010, 05:31 PM
Hi, all
I have a 8 gallon biocube and I want to buy a goby, I was checking the yellow clown goby and they are cute, will they be happy in my small tank? and will they mess around the sandbed? what other gobies do u recommand? will yellow watchman goby survive in my tank? thanks

paddyob
08-24-2010, 05:49 PM
Hi, all
I have a 8 gallon biocube and I want to buy a goby, I was checking the yellow clown goby and they are cute, will they be happy in my small tank? and will they mess around the sandbed? what other gobies do u recommand? will yellow watchman goby survive in my tank? thanks

Clown Gobies prefer tanks with acros in them. They eat the polyps and generally live around or on during the day.

Reef-Geek
08-24-2010, 05:50 PM
Clown Gobies prefer tanks with acros in them. They eat the polyps and generally live around or on during the day.

are they reef safe?

Ross
08-24-2010, 06:12 PM
I have a green clown goby in my 9.5 gallon zoa and lps tank. They are too small to do much of anything with the sand.
Mine is always perched on the rocks, in his cave or on the glass. Very active at feeding time, then back on the rocks.

I have tried multiple clowns in this tank, but the teritories that they set up always cause one to loose and eventually get chased to death.

I do how everhave a cleaner shrimp that likes to roam the grounds in there with the goby and they get along just fine.

I think a watchman is too big for an 8 gallon.

noirsphynx
08-24-2010, 06:13 PM
There are many tiny gobies that would do well in a small tank. IMO I think a YWG is too big for an 8g.
trimma Goby
eviota Goby
clown Goby(yes, they're reef safe but like paddyob said they do munch on polyps of sps)
tiger Goby
griessingei Goby
neon goby
hector goby
jester goby
greenbanded goby
red head goby
hi fin goby
tangaroa goby
masked goby
etc.......

ottoman
08-24-2010, 08:02 PM
If you have SPS, do not put yellow clown goby. LPS and softies are find. If someone lend me a fish trap, I can give away my 3 yellow clown goby for free. Of course if I can catch them. Cheers.

naesco
08-24-2010, 08:20 PM
Hi, all

No get the yellow clown goby. He will love your small tank.

ScubaSteve
08-24-2010, 08:38 PM
I'm gonna say a Randall's Goby. They don't get huge, look great and have a funny personality.