PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Clownfish issues

Chase31
08-24-2010, 01:52 PM
Okay so i haven't been on the site in a while but this is a little bit of an emergency, my dad works for the school board here and someone broke into a school and smashed a fish tank (guessing 60G or more) there were plenty of fish in it and someone scooped up as many as they could before they died (proboly lying on the floor for a while) and put them in a jar. so my dad phoned and woke me up saying they'll die if i dont try to look after them, so they got home and there was a tang a damsel and something els dead in the jar. only a clown was left in there so i scooped him out and put him straight in my tank as my dad wasn't even sure it was salt or conditioned water, the clown went right to my other clown and is now hiding/sleeping in the bottom, but hes kinda sitting on the bottom and he spins around every once and a while, i have no quarantine tank or anything so this was my only option. so is there anything i can do to help him and see that he doesn't die?

mark
08-24-2010, 02:29 PM
Vandals, that's a bunch that's needs a good shake.

As for the clown, I'd just leave him alone and don't stress him by running up to the tank every 5 minutes to check. Keep the lights off wouldn't hurt.

SeaSerpant
08-24-2010, 02:54 PM
It may be from the initial shock of the tank. I had my clown go for a ride down into my sump and sat in the filter for a while and when i put him back in the display tank he acted a bit ummm, Loopy :p. It should be okay. Like mark said, try not to stress it out.
I hope that whoever did that to the school comes to justice.
Hope this helps,
SeaSerpant

Chase31
08-24-2010, 04:48 PM
yea there reviewing tapes now so hopefully, it was an about 40G (slightly larger then mine according to my dad) witch is a little mean on the dead regal tang in the jar, but my dad was told what happend. the tank was smashed at 3am, the on call guy at the school put them in that jar in tap water and then he dumped half a table salt shaker in the jar. the fish didnt reach my house till 7am, so im kinda suprised the clown lasted as long as he did. and i have a good guess at why the others died. but hes in there kinda swimming around even so i think she'll be okay, she is the larger one now. i guess we'll see at feeding time

Milad
08-24-2010, 05:05 PM
if anyone did that to my tank.... i would be posting to canreef from prison :(

Chase31
08-24-2010, 09:34 PM
well im happy its not my tank as i would be in prison also it was at a school, and they dont want a tank anymore so the clown is mine and i think there giving me the live rock

Milad
08-25-2010, 12:41 AM
maybe we can make a reef tank in prison as one of our hobbies?

Chase31
08-25-2010, 02:40 AM
okay sounds good