PDA

View Full Version : looking for leftover plumbing parts asap :):)

reefwars
08-21-2010, 04:03 PM
hey all , i am in desperate need of redoing my sump it came plumbed with the tank but was built around a bio-ball system(ahhh!!!!). my sump doesnt have baffles so im going to go very large refuge with half and skimmer return etc for the other half. since my plumbing wasnt built to include a skimmer or anything alse large its very hard to move around in there plus all the fittings leak and must have been siliconed by stevie wonder lol:) the overflow drains are built onto a sheet of acrylic so i cant use filter socks with sucks lol and my skimmer is a just fit if i force it(which cause more leaks) everything has been made so that it doesnt come apart easy, again sucks very much lol as ill have to cut some of it.........its going to quite the task as i need to do all this while the tank is running:)

im looking for any extra plumbing parts you may have left over (1") unions, bulkheads,pvc,45's and 90's anything that can help me i will take

also looking for a place to find all this stuff if i cant find any here plus where this is my first tank plumb any advice or anything that could make my life alot easier that i dont know about would be great too

lots of beer,pizza and frags if anyone with plumbing experience would like to help with this plus i can pay a bit for your time too:) thanks all:):):)

Big Tang
08-21-2010, 07:20 PM
Rona has all the parts u will need that's were i got all mine.Try to lower your water in your display tank if possible below your overflow so when your glueing your pipe's together they can set properly.When you get all the parts shoot me a pm and Ill try to come over with some tools and help you out. Rob

burrows14
08-21-2010, 09:28 PM
If only you were in vancouver I have everything you need in my garage! lol

reefwars
08-21-2010, 09:52 PM
God love a rob lol ok few questions

what's the best Rona to go to the one on the west end has vey little. Couldn't even get 45's there last lol

Am I isn't PVC glue? If so is the stuf from rona aquarium safe???

I want to replac the bulkheads in my overflows as mine are stripped from vice grips(not me) where can I get 1" to 1 1/2" bulkheads???

You'd think afer being a renovator for 13yrs some PVC plumbng would be a cinch but I just want to have it running right :) thanks:):)

Big Tang
08-21-2010, 10:11 PM
I bought all mine at the 97 st location but i had them go into the stock above to find everything i needed. As for the pvc cement and primer ive used it on a few tank build's with no ill effects and every one i know that has used it as well.For bulkheads try blue world,big al's or ai .

reefwars
08-22-2010, 12:07 AM
ok so i got as many parts as i could think of came to a whopping $80 but better to have too much than not enough sooooo now do i take the plunge and take it apart would suck to find i was missing something or didnt take something into effect:):) worse is everything is glued permanently or has been siliconed together with 20lbs of silicone so ill have to cut it all out which means i better get it back together or my fishies and coral are going to be in for a rough weekend...........reefing:):)

intarsiabox
08-22-2010, 04:16 AM
If you still need bulkheads Marine Aquaria has plenty, they are in the back so just tell them what you need. Also when using the pipe primer do it in the garage if possible, it stains everything and is impossible to remove (even with brake cleaner). PVC, ABS and Transition cement is all used in potable systems so it will be safe for the tank.

bignose
08-22-2010, 03:46 PM
I have about 15' of 1" pvc pipe. 1" fittings I have 4-45° elbows and 2-slip to thread x-overs if you need. I also have about 15' of 1.5" pvc pipe if you need.

reefwars
08-22-2010, 04:22 PM
i may take you up on that im hoping i have everything now but you never know. the monti you gave me is doing great too by the way its got some nice colour to it :):)

reefwars
08-23-2010, 01:55 AM
im in need of some bulk heads mine are done :( im looking for 2x1" and 2x1 1/2" im going to call around tomorrow but if any of the lfs here can shoot me a pm with price and if theres any in stock:):)

drilling acrylic easy as 1,2,3????

Riptide
08-23-2010, 04:11 AM
Check out Peavy Mart....I was wondering through the one in Leduc Common and noticed some 2" bulkheads for $15