PDA

View Full Version : How much is a tang suppose to poop?

Milad
08-21-2010, 06:57 AM
I swear i got this purple tang that drops some mean poop. sometimes its a dark red brown color and other times it looks like nori. Am i feeding it to much? everytime i look up hes pooping more than i feed pellets. then all the other fish try to eat it.

dsaundry
08-21-2010, 11:28 AM
Wouldn't worry too much, mine poop lots too, just be thankful your not one of the other fish..:lol:

reefwars
08-21-2010, 03:17 PM
how much poop could a purple tang poop if a purple tang could poop poop????

a purple tang would poop all the poop that a purple tang could poop if a purple tang could poop poop:):)

Leah
08-21-2010, 03:23 PM
how much poop could a purple tang poop if a purple tang could poop poop????

a purple tang would poop all the poop that a purple tang could poop if a purple tang could poop poop:):)

:lol:

As much as it wants. :wink:

reefwars
08-21-2010, 03:28 PM
i guess id be worried if it overfilled your tank and came over the sides then mutated into a giant poop monster that ran a muck in downtown, and the military had to call in godzilla but godzilla couldnt kill it , the poop just got bigger feeding off of everyones fears untill finally.........BOOM!!!!!

poop everywhere.......great:)

reefwars
08-21-2010, 03:36 PM
copyrights:)

sequel in the next thread:)

jorjef
08-21-2010, 05:03 PM
Mr. Lahey and Randy BoBandy should be called in to deal with that...

Seamazter
08-22-2010, 02:13 AM
Wouldn't worry too much, mine poop lots too, just be thankful your not one of the other fish..:lol:

Nice one./

Zoaelite
08-22-2010, 04:15 AM
Nice one./

My fish love to eat fish poop... ewww gross

meenamjah
08-22-2010, 04:49 AM
my regal tang likes to eat my diamond goby's poop... sometimes will follow him around waiting for it... yuck~

ReefOcean
08-26-2010, 01:46 AM
Most herbivores poo a lot. Hebivores eat continually because plant matter cantains a low concentration of vitemins and nutrients compaired to meat. Also, herbivores have trouble digesting cellulose just like a carnivore does, even though herbivores do have clluslose motabolizing bacteria in their stomachs (which I am not even sure if surgeonfish do). This causes much of the plant matter to flow out undigested. This causes the animal to deficate a seemingly unreasonable amount.

My Convict tang drops bombs on an hourly basis. It comes with the territory of owning a tang. I have cut down on the waste factor by feeding it strickly pellet (fatty protein etc) and let it get most of it's plant matter from algae in the tank.

A healthy surgeonfish will graze all day. If you have a well established tank, , in my opinion, there is no need to suppliment it with "veggies" or other overpriced "tang food". Of course if your tang is larger you may need to.