PDA

View Full Version : anemone questions

mycat99
08-21-2010, 05:31 AM
hello i have a few questions on anemone ,i just picked up a long tentace one from lfs and after it was put into tank did some wierd stuff,it looked like it had a long brown string comeing from its mouth that my clowns riped out then it looked like it was getting rid of a big slime bag .is this normal?.also right now it looks like the mouth is realy expanded like a big nose .my tank is 60 gallons and just over 4 months old .thanks

Seamazter
08-22-2010, 01:50 AM
the long stringy stuff is poo, means he has to go, thier mouth is also thier bum.
Sorry for the strong non family words.
But that is perfectly normal, to expel waste like that.
The puffy mouth is probably just a sign of stress from the new tank, if the nem was just shipped to the fish store or even if it was happier there then it is your tank, its just getting used to the new water and light.
give it some time, the thing to look for with the mouth is a gaping one that has a big hole in it and never closes.
If that happens for too long it will most likely die.
I always say if its not peeling or stringy or even purly clear, its not dying.
But i have been wrong before.
enjoy your new critter and give it some time to adjust to your new light,current and water parameters.

George
08-22-2010, 02:05 AM
It could also be it expelled zoox. Your description of slime bag makes me leaning toward zoox. What's your light?

Seamazter
08-22-2010, 02:12 AM
It could also be it expelled zoox. Your description of slime bag makes me leaning toward zoox. What's your light?

Good point.

mycat99
08-22-2010, 04:47 AM
i have 2 250watt m/h light over tank