PDA

View Full Version : Frog fish for sale need gone asap

fishoholic
08-20-2010, 01:29 AM
$40 for a 2" frog fish need him gone asap had to move my Lionfish back into the 20g tank with the frog and my lion killed the last frog fish I had in there. Frog fish is eating silversides and Krill.

Delphinus
08-20-2010, 01:54 AM
WANT

(but can't right now. :( Free bump, g/l finding a new home!!)

What colour? Any pics?

Travis
08-20-2010, 02:14 AM
wish i was closer

fishoholic
08-20-2010, 02:20 AM
Right now he's grey and purple like the rock and since he blends in so well with the rock (and I no longer have my good camera) I can't get a good pic. of him.

BlueTang<3
08-20-2010, 03:09 AM
I can vouch for this little fella being a great fish i had him for a while and the guy i got him from about a year. Good luck with the sale Laurie.

turkleton
08-20-2010, 04:06 AM
Do you know what species it is?

BlueTang<3
08-20-2010, 04:28 AM
Similar to Antennarius sp.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+19+63&pcatid=63

mark
08-20-2010, 04:40 AM
interested, but growing up to 5", big enough to eat a clown? How often to feed and silversides and krill easy to get in Edm?

fishytime
08-20-2010, 04:51 AM
interested, but growing up to 5", big enough to eat a clown? How often to feed and silversides and krill easy to get in Edm?

will be easy soon.....and sorry you have to sell the froggy Girly

fishoholic
08-20-2010, 05:38 AM

The frog has already eaten clownfish, that is why Wes (BlueTang<3) sold him to me. He's great and I'd love to keep him but I ended up having to move my lionfish back over to the 20g. Tried the lion in the 230g reef but that didn't work out so well (hard to get food too) and I'm having some issues with my big tanks right now, so back into the 20g the lion went. The last time I had a frog with my lion in that tank together the frog got chewed on and died, so I don't really want to risk that happening with this frogfish.

I tried to catch him tonight and it seems it wont be as easy as I thought (a friend has a spare tank I can put him in and hold him until he sells) however I guess I'll see what happens as we weren't able to catch the frog yet.

Normally it's easy to get silversides and krill but for some reason LFS have had trouble lately getting any frozen food across the border so I'm not sure where to find some. You feed about 2-3 times a week. This guy is really easy to feed, as soon as you put the food close to him he grabs it right off the long tweezers.

This is the pic. from the link Wes has above
http://www.liveaquaria.com/images/categories/thumbs/th-76892-Assorted-Anglers.jpg

and this is what I think he sort of looks like now.
http://www.seadb.net/images/specie/big/Author-MASSIMO%20BOYER/Antennarius-sp-Lembeh-frogfish_1060.jpg

Jeff_
08-20-2010, 06:03 AM
I'm pretty sure its A. Nummifer, this fish when I had him/her depending on the day can be dark purple or dark orange. Mark, hes one of the most easy going fish I've ever raised and trained pretty much ate everything i gave him :biggrin: free bump for an awesome fish.

dillia31
08-21-2010, 12:40 AM
i wish I was closer, or could drive :sad:,I would buy him/ her from you,
:)
adillia