PDA

View Full Version : anyone have experience with green spot puffers in reef/FOWLR?

Llamarama
08-20-2010, 12:17 AM
hi there! I have been trying to shut down my FW side of things for a while now but I just lloooove my little Green Spot puffers, I have 2 of them living in brackish right now and i've read that they can live quite happily in full marine if acclimated properly..but i'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with them in a reef with corals inverts etc.... although I know it's probably a bad idea....they are living with feeder fish right now and show no aggression toward them( we got the feeders as sort of and experiment since the puffers are supposed to be viscious!) maybe its just too much to risk but I suppose I'd be willing to try it and move them to FOWLR if need be later...hrm if anyone has advice or info that would be appreciated!

bigfish
08-20-2010, 12:59 AM
i have one in my 60g with a couple damsels, couple clowns, lawnmower blenny and a goby. Mostly sopfties and LPS. hes been fine in there for the past year, moved from brackish aswell.

Llamarama
08-20-2010, 02:16 AM
hrm so maybe i should take the chance it would make me soo happy :D

Beanz
08-20-2010, 02:30 AM
Yea I had one before one of my tanks crashed (lol my humu ate like all of his fins so I gave the humu away, the puffer still lived!!!!) I just upped the salnity ever week or something, can't really remember. They r a supper tough little fish I had mine in a reef tank with LPS and mushies and he never touched them.

Good luck

Beanz
08-20-2010, 02:30 AM
Yea I had one before one of my tanks crashed (lol my humu ate like all of his fins so I gave the humu away, the puffer still lived!!!!) I just upped the salnity ever week or something, can't really remember. They r a supper tough little fish I had mine in a reef tank with LPS and mushies and he never touched them.

Good luck

Llamarama
08-20-2010, 02:46 AM
hoorah! thanks guys