PDA

View Full Version : GSP and Frogspawn Dying???

moppy
08-18-2010, 10:24 PM
Anyone know of anything specific that would cause these two things to die?

Everything else, including fish, are fine???

Just curious if anyone has any specific remedies or knowledge before I measure everything in the tank.

reefwars
08-18-2010, 11:07 PM
I didn't think gsp could die lol as for frogspawn I had one for a year did fine then just up and died nothing else just that coral, doing greAt one day gone the next it happens I suppose :)

Frenchie2
08-19-2010, 04:01 AM
Are you running carbon? If so, that seems to affect GSPs, frogspawn, Yumas & blue cloves, in my experience. If you run carbon and still would like to do so, use some "Essential Elements" from Kent Marine to bring back the necessary trace minerals. That worked really good for me. If you don't run carbon, not sure what exactly causes the problem you are experiencing - seems there are some minerals missing? I might be totally wrong...

moppy
08-19-2010, 09:08 PM
No Carbon at all and the tank has been running for 2 months.

I was wondering if I needed to change my RODI filters though?? Maybe the Chlorine didn't get filtered out? How can I tell if this is it???

I measured the Nitrates and Phosphates and basically there are none.

intarsiabox
08-20-2010, 01:45 AM
You could throw in some Prime water conditioner for chlorine and see if things perk up. I wish I had your problem, my GSP is taking over my tank and grew right over my frogspawn. My new tank will not have any in it as I find it too evasive. I run carbon 24/7 and only do weekly water changes, no dosing and all my softies grow like weeds.