PDA

View Full Version : Tunze Nano Wavebox

Frozenocean
08-18-2010, 03:12 AM
Anyone have any idea how much a Tunze Nano wavebox, cranked to 24V on the controller, would contribute to turnover rate? Maybe it doesn't

I have a 90 with a Mag 18 for my return which means about 900gph based on my use of an online headloss calculator plus the wavebox

I have Seio 820 that I just pulled out on the other side....seems like some my zoes were curling up plus my toadstools are not extending.

I can also throw in a Koralia 4 but that sucker puts out 1200gph

I only have 3 frags of bird's nest that are loving the flow...budding nicely

My tank is mostly zoes with some LPS and a few softies

The softies and LPS seem to be doing alright especially my xenia (This scenario is with the Seio 820 in the corner plus the return and wavebox)

long winded....just curious.....I'll be sticking with softies and LPS probably.

Recommended turnover rate?? 20x?

Thanks

Tony

fencer
08-18-2010, 04:01 AM
A nano box would only contribute distribution of water in the tank. Allowing for movement in all parts of the tank. Turnover rate is more like total volume exchanges from sump to tank. A nano on a 72 gal cranked at max is too much.

Myka
08-18-2010, 04:34 AM
I never considered my Wavebox to add to turnover rate.

Slick Fork
08-18-2010, 06:56 AM
I don't know that you'd consider it as adding to turnover rate as it's a whole different kind of water movement.

I had a nano-wavebox on my 110 gallon display and the effect was awesome. All the corals loved the water movement. I'm desperately trying to find a way to fit it in my new tank and still have room for other stuff. If you're considering one, don't hesitate you will love it provided your tank is compatible with it.

gobytron
08-18-2010, 01:59 PM
IMO...
softies an lps willl benefit the most from the addition of a wavebox regardless of the math behind the total number of gallons being pushed around in your tank.

If you do stick with softies and lps, you would like get away with removing your seio when you add the wavebox.

Frozenocean
08-18-2010, 04:53 PM
I pulled the Seio out last night.....my leathers are starting to come out and my frogspawn is slightly less grumpy

Just using the return and the wavebox now....we'll see what happens....the three little SPS bird's nest frags seem ok for now as well