PDA

View Full Version : baking soda in cup of skimmer?

Milad
08-16-2010, 03:31 AM
I was having some issues with the cup of my skimmer stinking the place up so I decided to put baking soda in it every time i cleaned it. Now it seems the smell is gone or way way way less. Not sure if this helped but it seems like it. Am i just imagining things? is this going to harm anything in the long run?

Madreefer
08-16-2010, 05:33 AM
Does baking soda have a grit to it? If so I would'nt think it's a good idea to be scrubbing your chamber with it. You want the surface to stay smooth so the bubbles creap up it easier.

Funky_Fish14
08-16-2010, 06:19 AM
If the baking soda is not ending up in the neck then I cant see it causing any sort of issue.

Milad
08-16-2010, 06:34 AM
nope just in the cup.

RuGlu6
08-16-2010, 06:38 AM
I was having some issues with the cup of my skimmer stinking the place up so I decided to put baking soda in it every time i cleaned it. Now it seems the smell is gone or way way way less. Not sure if this helped but it seems like it. Am i just imagining things? is this going to harm anything in the long run?
you could also use activated carbon in the same way.

Seamazter
08-16-2010, 12:50 PM
I had a stinky old skimmer once, i just put the full box on top.
Best one i found was the arm n hammer fridge version with the cloth side panels to absorb fridge and freezer odor.