PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid Nuclear Death palythoa

phyto4life
08-16-2010, 03:04 AM
I joined nuclear green and purple death together

http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/clintos08/ZOOS%20AND%20PALYS/Picture277.jpg

Anyone ever do this before?

If so what was the ultimate outcome?

reefwars
08-16-2010, 03:11 AM
If you sell me some I'll keep the trend going though:) very nice:)

phyto4life
08-16-2010, 03:15 AM
I'll give u some for free if it turns out to work and stay as a hybrid

I found this pic on the net with no additional info other then 1 or 2 other people who say it ends up going back to normal in the long run

http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/clintos08/ZOOS%20AND%20PALYS/TwoFace1.jpg

I just need to find out for myself just in case

Wingin It
08-16-2010, 03:17 AM
Very cool! I like the look!

phyto4life
08-16-2010, 03:23 AM
thanks

I'm going to see if it works with these 2 types of paly's next

if their offspring doesn't stay as a hybrid I hope at least the hybrid does so I can just make more single hybrids and glue them next to each other

http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/clintos08/ZOOS%20AND%20PALYS/Picture279.jpg

http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/clintos08/ZOOS%20AND%20PALYS/Picture280.jpg

Wingin It
08-16-2010, 03:27 AM
Luv me some Palys! LOL
Very cool colors you have there!

Seamazter
08-16-2010, 03:30 AM
Im sure i could google and find out how, but what did you do to mix them?
Let nature take it coarse or something else?

phyto4life
08-16-2010, 03:42 AM
I just let them grow into each other then I took a razor and sliced 5 X horizontal top to bottom and 5 x vertical left to right then I started to chop diagonally left and right up and down lol kind of thing

in a few days they started to pop up really small and in a month I noticed the hybrid which I think there are more just to small and faded to tell at the moment

it probably happens naturally in the wild with falling rocks and fish biting at them

I tried it originally because of the second pic in this thread

plus I use to buy small rocks filled with zoo's a while ago and would always wonder why half would be covered in 1 type and the other half in another type then there would be the occasional few weird ones on the same rock that had similar characteristics

Seamazter
08-16-2010, 03:49 AM
Amazing, now only if everyone could do this we could see awesome new strains.
So having them revert is always the result or just a result in this case?
Not that i have the time or even want to put in the effort.
But for everyone else who sees the marvel in this.
If u could make a fast growing paly, from a rare zoa, man that would be kick a55.
Might stop everyone from charging 75$ per polyp.
cheers man good show and nice photos.

phyto4life
08-16-2010, 02:06 PM
It would be nice to specifically be able to make designer zoo's.

If they convert back to their original morph then it at least gives me some experience with propagating single zoo's/paly and mixing them up onto really small frags with different pattern's like a bouquet of flower's

I'm just experimenting on how different zoo's and paly's look when they are combined together some have longer stems/larger polyp's even within it's own group

ScubaSteve
08-18-2010, 09:07 AM
I have a mix of wonderwoman and electric green dragon eye zoas growing together. Following a nudi outbreak a while back, one of the hardest hit wonderwoman zoas started growing back with mixed colours of the two colonies. And not like half'n'half, I mean the colours were properly mixed and it looks llike a mind blowing zoa. I'm hoping this little guy spreads. Oh, and 3 months in and it still has that colouration.

phyto4life
08-18-2010, 12:54 PM
Great news so far thanks for sharing

I'm assuming the half nuclear green paly and half purple death hydrid will slowly continue to morph into a solid purple play with a green rim

keep me updated because I put a lot of similar zoo's together along with similar paly's together on small frag plugs I'm just waiting for them to grow into each other over the next 3 months then I will joined them together later

Zoaelite
12-10-2011, 10:11 PM
Any updates on this?

reefwars
12-10-2011, 11:40 PM
id love to see how they made out too:)

daniella3d
12-10-2011, 11:44 PM
Same here..any updates?